Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

KD2WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Cliff, went out of his way to help me out with my dilemma.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to post a question on my Kenwood TS-850S to inquire if the filters I had were the correct ones. However, for whatever reason it was, each time after logging in I found I couldn't post. I had my radio sitting upside down with the bottom cover off awaiting the installation. I finally found AVVid and looked over their site and decided I'd drop Cliff an email to get my question concerning the filters answered, before installing them. Much to my surprise, Cliff emailed me back within a couple of hours, telling me to just go ahead and install all three as they were the exact filters for the radio.

It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Cliff!

KD2WO
Don, NJ

WJ4VA Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2016 04:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: months
Clif is a great guy, excellent communication, very fair and reasonable rates and a top notch tech! Repaired my TS-690SAT for much less than I was expecting. He really goes the extra mile!

N4RCK Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2016 19:18 Send this review to a friend
TS-50  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent the ts-50 to Cliff for a checkup. He realigned the tx and rx. excellent work with very fast turnaround time. If you have a kenwood he is the man !

W2TWM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2016 14:43 Send this review to a friend
TS-480 SAT and HX   Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, the power supply goof up and took out both 480's he fixed then both .Fast return too .Tim W2TWM

N5OBQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2016 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood 940 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called Cliff on a Wednesday and scheduled an appointment with him the next week Wednesday at 10am. I drove 110 miles from my house to his driveway. Took my Kenwood 940 out of my car and Cliff was waiting for me at his door ready to work on it. He told me that he would do his best to fix the radio right now and if I had time to wait, I could take the radio back home with me. I said you bet I will wait for it. I watched him take the radio apart and repair the transmitter section that would not work and replace three receive attenuator switches. He then replaced all the burned out lights in the green display with led lights. He tuned the transmitter and receiver sections of the radio. All this work was all done in about 1.5 hrs and I was on my way back home with my radio. That was 3 months ago and today my Kenwood is still working like a brand new radio. This guy is very professional in his craft and very reasonable what he charges for his services. I would recommend him to anyone that needs radio repair. Thanks Cliff for a job well done!

KD4EZW Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2016 13:50 Send this review to a friend
TS050 Repair and Tuneup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another great review of Cliff and his services.
If you had any problems dealing with AVVID, you are either not reading the web site carefully(as Cliff pointed out to me!) or you are impatient. 6 to 8 weeks as described is accurate. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. Cliff is a man of few words. He can afford to be, becasue he knows his craft. I offered him an open check to repair and replace what ever was needed(caps, etc.)to keep radio running for another decade or so. He said it didn't need it.

Repair to my TS-50 was simple and radio came back tuned and aligned. 50w gets me around the world on 20m with a stacked dipole in the attic and great audio reviews with stock mic. My TS-50 receiver sounds as good as my TS-2000 with the DSP off.

Cliff is truly a gift to the Kenwood amateur community. Use his services wisely.

Frank
KD4EZW

WB2VWT Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2016 16:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and professional service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I emailed Cliff about the problem I had with my 20+years Kenwood TM-742A.
I got a super fast reply with the question " Can you operate a soldering iron and screwdriver?"
My reply was "YES" and the next thing, I got detailed instructions for what to look for and what to do.
I wasn't exactly sure "who was who" looking @ SM components on the PC Board that Cliff mentioned in his reply e-mail and he was gracious to explain to me in more detail.
I have done what he instructed me to do and my TM-742A got it's life back again.
I was so surprised that Cilf knew exactly where the problem was from that far since I live in Florida, LOL.
I asked him how much I owe him for his service and the replay was "No money needed. Pass the help forward"
I think that Clif Holland is a "ULTIMATE GURU" when comes to the Kenwood ham radios.
Wondering here what we are ALL going to do when he retires.
Clif Holland at AVVid is a perfect example of professional service.
Thank you Cliff for all your help.
Richard P.
WB2VWT

KD6CZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been licensed for over 40 yrs over the years Ive had lots of radios. In 2013, I bought a TS 940sat. Outside it was clean and looked like new. I used it for a short time before it developed issues. I contacted Cliff and told him what was going on. We tried a couple of things, but it was decided I should send it to him. A few weeks later I got the radio back and I was like a new novice. This radio worked like a brand new one. All of the bells and whistles worked like they were supposed to. Cliff fixed, aligned, and updated things as needed. I wish he was closer to Southern Calif. I would like to meet him!!

WU5A Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took my nearly 30 year old TS940 to Clif for service. Over last 15 years little used busy raising kids and work demands. I knew one sub display light was out.
Clif replaced both sub display lights, both batteries and two relays. Then he retuned every thing that could be adjusted.
He was very good about explaining all of that and much more about operation of the rig, including things I was never aware of.
Back home I cannot believe how clear and strong incoming signals are now. A great visit! Thank you, Clif

WB6ORZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Super Service! Thanks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif has repaired 2 rigs for me over the years, a TS-940SAT and more recently a TS-850SAT. Both times it was a peasure to work with him. He was personally very helpful and helped me understand more about my radio. His workmanship is superb, and his rates are fair. Both rigs came back in superb operating condition. Best service experience I've ever had! Period.