Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

W5RD Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2014 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Like getting factory service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the privilege to see Clif in action as he trouble shot my TS 930. One hour later, I was headed back to the shack feeling like I had a brand new rig. Clif, was very attentive to every section of the radio. Clif gave me factory grade service.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2014 01:52 Send this review to a friend
Very happy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough about how happy I am with the service I received. Prompt turn around, great repair, price was low enough I felt I got a real bargain. I had the repair three years ago on my Kenwood, and have never had another problem since!

W4UTI Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WHAT A RESOURCE! Frankly, I think Clif spends about as much time helping hams on the Internet as he does working his own business, but his work and his turn-around time certainly don't suffer. Clif is "different." Obviously, he's not in business just to make a buck. He wants to help folks. If he can spend a little time sending an e-mail that will save you some money and solve your problem, he's gonna try. Superb technician! Now, Clif is NOT cheap, but then, his service is not really expensive. Think of it this way. . .If you were going to need a serious operation, would you want the "cheapest" surgeon, or would you want the BEST? In my opinion, in the context of Kenwood repair, Clif is THE BEST! Thanks, Clif.

WA0JRD Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Dependable best bet  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had NUMEROUS rigs repaired by Clif and he has always done an outstanding job, reasonably priced, and timely. He even "ate" the return shipping on my ts850sat "tough dog" when it continued to give me fits....great guy! Highly recommended!

N4ATS Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2014 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Multiple Radio Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent Cliff several radios at one time to repair and the service is AWESOME. Cliff is very honest and fair priced for sure. I will never hesitate in sending him more work in the future. Cliff also answers emails fast and is friendly when doing so. It's nice to see folks like this in the amateur radio world. Thank you Cliff.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Fast, professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast, professional, outstanding. I told Cliff, I was on vacation, and my radio was not working...He turned around very quickly for me..

Simply stated, great service

Tom, NN2X

N2DY Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Wouldn't use anyone else for Kenwood repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I spoke to Clif about an annoying intermittent problem I was having with my TS-2000X. 440 MHz transmit would work for a while and then quit for a while. I had taken a look inside but could not find the problem. Clif suggested it was probably a cold solder joint somewhere and so I sent it to him to track it down. Sure enough it was. He was able to trace it down and also replace some caps that had been damaged due to the problem. I have sent Clif Kenwoods before and he has always diagnosed and fix them perfectly. He knows Kenwood equipment inside and out. I will not go anywhere else for Kenwood repairs.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 11:06 Send this review to a friend
TERRIFC  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
GREAT SERVICE...
SENT HIM A DEAD 930 ... GOT IT BACK PERFECT ...
I WILL USE HIS SERVICES AGAIN ...

KW5M Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have done business with several repair facilities, Cliff is the best guy to send your kenwood repairs to. Integrity...he has it and it was an absolute pleasure doing business with him. Just repaired...last week, two of my TM-742's and did great. Can't say enough about having some one i trust work on my gear.
Thanks Cliff
Wayne Hartsfield/KW5M

K7LRB Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 10:55 Send this review to a friend
TS-870, Cliff does it again!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had written a review about a year ago when I emailed Cliff about a 'problem' with my (then 'new' to me) Kenwood TS-870. Cliff emailed me instructions on how to 'fix' the 'problem'. It worked (see my Jan '13 review).

For the past several days my 870 has been 'cutting out' for no apparent reason. I emailed Cliff and described the symptoms. Cliff emailed me back within a FEW HOURS with a possible solution. He suggested I check the power supply connections. I was a bit skeptical since this rig has been connected to this same power supply for over a year, and none of the other gear connected to it had/have any problems.

I did check the connection on the back of the rig (no problems there) and I did "nudge" the terminal nuts on the Astron power supply, maybe got a turn. I have had several QSOs running different modes with no further problems.

The main purpose of this review is to, once again, give testimony to Cliff's integrity. Cliff could have had me send him the rig, checked it out, found nothing wrong, charged me a minimum fee, sent it back, and I would have had to pay shipping to his shop and back.

I mentioned Cliff's honesty and integrity a year ago and I am happy to report that he has not changed. Cliff is an honest a man as can be found. I have no doubt that he stands behind his work. You can bet that if I ever have a "real" problem with ANY rig (or maybe even my car!) I will contact Cliff.

Thank you Cliff!