Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

K1WJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Fixed TS-940SAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
TS940 came back working great. Communication was also great. Perfect. I will be sending a TS50 soon, for minor repair. 73 K1WJ

KF5ZKS Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
The one and only place to send a Kenwood  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All I can do is mirror the other good comments about Cliff. My experience couldn't have been any better, patient, knowledgeable, honest and fair would be my best description.

I know where my next Kenwood repair will be going.

Thanks
Mike
KF5ZKS

N4GKS Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2013 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Clif is the man  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent a sick Kenwood TS 450 to Clif for repair and waited about the average 3 weeks for repair and return. What I got back was a radio better than new. The antenna tuner now works and the transmit/receive is fantastic. Thanks Clif for a job well done. Hope I never need any repairs soon but if I do, you're the man.

W6LBV Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 08:33 Send this review to a friend
AVVidly Enthusiastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An analogy about professional repair service is useful here. As part of a job I worked twenty years ago I was issued a high-end SUV for my field truck. The company wanted it well maintained, so I would take it for servicing and repairs to that vehicle manufacturer’s local dealers. I made the rounds looking for the absolute best service in the area, with the idea of making that shop my permanent choice.

I thought that I finally had found the right dealer. I took the truck in for a major service interval. The shop seemed to do everything well; I received a small discount on the bill; and the work was finished at the scheduled time. All seemed perfect.

Until they drove the truck out to deliver it to me, and I saw in an instant that they had not washed it! It still was coated with the road dust from my travels. The dealer didn’t have sufficient pride in the service he offered to provide that “last little detail” that signifies a professional service organization and creates a satisfied customer..

I never went back to that dealer.

Clif Holland at AVVid is a service professional. He repaired my TS-2000 which had lost all drive to the transmitter’s PAs. And the very first thing I noticed when I opened the carton upon return was that Clif had enclosed the defective original parts that he replaced. That’s a sign of a professional service man.

Clif is a man of few words, but that’s normal in a good service man. Your questions will be answered, but don’t expect epic novels from him. His time is his income.

The returned radio is running very well, probably better than when it was delivered from the factory. The price was fair for the amount of work done. Any of my Kenwood radios that develop future problems that I can’t handle will go back to Clif. In the case of radio repair, I have found my “ultimate shop.” Never did find one for the SUV, though.

KF4OHV Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 20:27 Send this review to a friend
ts-850  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few days ago I had problems with my ts-850 and send it to clif (Avvid).
Good communication and patience to deal with amateur radio.
Today I received it perfect condition and working like never.
Clif certainly is a technician that works wonders and remanded my radio to life.
I am grateful and now starting to committee recommends to all my friends.Thanks Clif.73.kf4ohv.

KX4R Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 04:58 Send this review to a friend
TS-2000x Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about AVVid.
My Kenwood TS-2000x developed a sensitivity problem that was intermittent. Clif was able to pinpoint the problem and repair the unit at a very reasonable cost. I am extremely pleased with his professional service and would highly recommend him to anyone having problems with their 2000.
Thanks Clif for a great job !

AB0DV Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2013 15:08 Send this review to a friend
service excellence  Time owned: more than 12 months
The service was recommended by Kenwood because of the age of my TS790a; it could not have been any better. Shipping instructions were clear on the website and my phone questions were answered politely and clearly.
The problem was a connection and he only charged the minimum to replace it.The unit was reshipped in my original boxes.
In today's world of questionable service , he is honest and knowledgeable.

W5ACV Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 940 in to this gentlemen based on the reviews left here and some pictures of Cliff's repair desk. Multiple issues/problems with my rig. This gentlemen fixed them all and discovered others and fixed them. Came in under my budget. Went out of his way to fix a shipping problem that was the carriers mistake! Trustworthy, honest and very fairly priced. Pure quality.

KR6B Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2013 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Terrrific service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif provides superior repair service for Kenwood equipment. I have an R-2000 receiver that developed a serious tuning failure. Clif completed the repair, checked the battery and overall performance for a very reasonable rate. Packed everything up very well and I couldn't be more satisfied. I recommend his service unreservedly.

Brian KR6B

N4UGL Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2013 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Fast and affordable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Outstanding work on my TS-50s that had an intermittent problem (and we know how that can be a real hard find sometimes).
Cliff fixed it to better than new. Getting more output on the radio than when I bought it new. Very well packaged when sending back. Very affordable and quick turn around.