Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

WB6ORZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Super Service! Thanks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif has repaired 2 rigs for me over the years, a TS-940SAT and more recently a TS-850SAT. Both times it was a peasure to work with him. He was personally very helpful and helped me understand more about my radio. His workmanship is superb, and his rates are fair. Both rigs came back in superb operating condition. Best service experience I've ever had! Period.

W5VYY Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2015 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Best of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with all the 5/5 rave reviews. Clif is a Kenwood genius. Not only does he fix the problem you describe, he repairs potential problems such as leaky capacitors and memory battery. Returns all the parts he replaced. I highly recommend him.

K4GNO Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2015 08:09 Send this review to a friend
First Class  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had Clif repair and restore my TS930S.
He repaired a problem with the final stage, modified the power supply, installed a new PIEXX
digital board, and did an alignment. I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Clif is honest(he returned all used parts),reasonable, and knowledgeable. I really believe that the 930 works better than when it was new.

K4HSM Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2015 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: months
Came highly recommended by several hams in my area and I can see why. Very reasonable and effectively communicated the issue and cost.

My Kenwood 742A works as good as it did when it came off the factory line.

K8TS Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 20:32 Send this review to a friend
multi-channel switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif did wonderful job on my Kenwood 570. Suggested some problems were actually not in the radio, but instead external. Found some problems that still had to be addressed and fixed them at very reasonable bench rate. Woulld not hesitate to send equipment to him again, nor recommend to fellow amateur. Quick turn-around BTW

KC9OET Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2015 17:07 Send this review to a friend
good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
cliff done a great job on my ts-430-s will send it to him again if need service, he does good work.

W3WMU Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2015 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I SENT TO CLIF MY 20 PLUS YEARS OLD KENWOOD TM732 WHICH WOULD SHUT DOWN RANDOMLY. CLIF CALLED ME AFTER A FEW DAYS AND TOLD ME THE RADIO HAD NOT SHUT DOWN ON HIM. I TOLD HIM JUST TO LEAVE IT ON AND IT WOULD ACT UP. HE CALLED AGAIN AFTER A FEW DAYS AND TOLD THAT IT HAD SHUT DOWN. CLIF FOUND THE PROBLEM AND IT HAS BEEN ABOUT A YEAR SINCE HE REPAIRED THE RADIO AND IT HAS PERFORMED EVER SINCE WITH NO PROBLEMS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLIF FOR HIS PERSERVERANCE AND QUALITY OF HIS WORK.
I NEVER WRITE A REVIEW WITHOUT GIVING THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THE TEST OF TIME. CLIF HAS MORE THAN PASSED MY EXPECTATIONS AND WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE HIS SERVICES AGAIN.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2015 08:49 Send this review to a friend
R-1000 calibration  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have an Kenwood R-1000 receiver that need dial calibration. I emailed AVVid on a weekend about the service. Within 24 hours I had received a reply telling me how to do it myself. He pointed out that the directions were in the manual. I did not have the manual but then found one to download. I appreciated the information. He could have said send it in and charged me for a calibration that took 30 seconds to do.

WB3FKP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 20:58 Send this review to a friend
TS-440S still going !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My transmit had an audio distortion and noise problem, Clif did a very good job on the repair,
works as it used to again. Wanted to keep the rig going yet and he was the ticket.

Price was very reasonable and did a great job. Would highly recommend him ( AVVid ) to anyone.

W5RD Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2014 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Like getting factory service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the privilege to see Clif in action as he trouble shot my TS 930. One hour later, I was headed back to the shack feeling like I had a brand new rig. Clif, was very attentive to every section of the radio. Clif gave me factory grade service.