Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 11:06 Send this review to a friend
TERRIFC  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
GREAT SERVICE...
SENT HIM A DEAD 930 ... GOT IT BACK PERFECT ...
I WILL USE HIS SERVICES AGAIN ...

KW5M Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have done business with several repair facilities, Cliff is the best guy to send your kenwood repairs to. Integrity...he has it and it was an absolute pleasure doing business with him. Just repaired...last week, two of my TM-742's and did great. Can't say enough about having some one i trust work on my gear.
Thanks Cliff
Wayne Hartsfield/KW5M

K7LRB Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 10:55 Send this review to a friend
TS-870, Cliff does it again!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had written a review about a year ago when I emailed Cliff about a 'problem' with my (then 'new' to me) Kenwood TS-870. Cliff emailed me instructions on how to 'fix' the 'problem'. It worked (see my Jan '13 review).

For the past several days my 870 has been 'cutting out' for no apparent reason. I emailed Cliff and described the symptoms. Cliff emailed me back within a FEW HOURS with a possible solution. He suggested I check the power supply connections. I was a bit skeptical since this rig has been connected to this same power supply for over a year, and none of the other gear connected to it had/have any problems.

I did check the connection on the back of the rig (no problems there) and I did "nudge" the terminal nuts on the Astron power supply, maybe got a turn. I have had several QSOs running different modes with no further problems.

The main purpose of this review is to, once again, give testimony to Cliff's integrity. Cliff could have had me send him the rig, checked it out, found nothing wrong, charged me a minimum fee, sent it back, and I would have had to pay shipping to his shop and back.

I mentioned Cliff's honesty and integrity a year ago and I am happy to report that he has not changed. Cliff is an honest a man as can be found. I have no doubt that he stands behind his work. You can bet that if I ever have a "real" problem with ANY rig (or maybe even my car!) I will contact Cliff.

Thank you Cliff!

KC0KBP Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Keeping Kenwoods Running  Time owned: more than 12 months
When my 850 lost transmit, I was at a loss, I had intended to keep this rig for years. I finally decided to send it off to get repaired and aligned. Clif is the guy to send it to. Reasonable, fast, and fair. I am hoping that Clif will not see my rig again, but it is nice that he is there and knows his stuff. No worries here.

KF7YLC Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was having SSB TX noise issues with my TS-440. Shot Cliff an email asking if he would be willing to work on it. This was at 0500. Almost immediately I got an email back from Cliff asking for more details which I gladly provided then had to leave for work. When I got home I found an email from Cliff with detailed instructions, including pictures, on how to perform the repair myself. So with trepidation and armed with a cheap Chinese multimeter, an even cheaper pair of wire cutters and Cliff's solid gold advice, I mopped my brow and dove in. 20 minutes later it was fixed. The problem was exactly what he thought it was (leaky diode on the BPF board). My hat's off to Cliff, he spent the time to save me money I didn't really have to spend....

W0YVY Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Fast and great service.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought a TS440s from a friend. Had low AF/RF. Sent it to Clif and had it back in a short time. He repaired the bent/broken boards for the AF/RF, replace a leaking cap, did some magic with his fingers on the innerds and shipped it back. A "Like New" radio. If you have a Kenwood needing a little love and care, Clif is the man to send it to.

KA5IVR Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2014 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Top-Notch Repair!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Spoke to Clif on the phone and arranged a day for a friend & I to take him (6) Kenwoods for repair ((2)TS-850's, (2)TS-790's, TS-50, TM-742). Some were just minor issues & general check out, while couple were DOA. A few hours and parts later, we were on our way with all six working good as new at a very reasonable cost.

If you have a Kenwood, this is the place to have it repaired! Same great service as always...

Thanks Clif!

K1WJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Fixed TS-940SAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
TS940 came back working great. Communication was also great. Perfect. I will be sending a TS50 soon, for minor repair. 73 K1WJ

KF5ZKS Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
The one and only place to send a Kenwood  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All I can do is mirror the other good comments about Cliff. My experience couldn't have been any better, patient, knowledgeable, honest and fair would be my best description.

I know where my next Kenwood repair will be going.

Thanks
Mike
KF5ZKS

N4GKS Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2013 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Clif is the man  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent a sick Kenwood TS 450 to Clif for repair and waited about the average 3 weeks for repair and return. What I got back was a radio better than new. The antenna tuner now works and the transmit/receive is fantastic. Thanks Clif for a job well done. Hope I never need any repairs soon but if I do, you're the man.