Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

W5ACV Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 940 in to this gentlemen based on the reviews left here and some pictures of Cliff's repair desk. Multiple issues/problems with my rig. This gentlemen fixed them all and discovered others and fixed them. Came in under my budget. Went out of his way to fix a shipping problem that was the carriers mistake! Trustworthy, honest and very fairly priced. Pure quality.

KR6B Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2013 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Terrrific service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif provides superior repair service for Kenwood equipment. I have an R-2000 receiver that developed a serious tuning failure. Clif completed the repair, checked the battery and overall performance for a very reasonable rate. Packed everything up very well and I couldn't be more satisfied. I recommend his service unreservedly.

Brian KR6B

N4UGL Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2013 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Fast and affordable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Outstanding work on my TS-50s that had an intermittent problem (and we know how that can be a real hard find sometimes).
Cliff fixed it to better than new. Getting more output on the radio than when I bought it new. Very well packaged when sending back. Very affordable and quick turn around.

W0RMS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2013 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif did his usual FB job on my TS-50s with a fast turn....THANKS Clif !!!

W5ALJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 07:21 Send this review to a friend
SUPER SERVICE AND HONEST!  Time owned: more than 12 months
As with most other reviews, this one is no different. I had done business with Clif when he was in Irving, TX and I lived right down the street. He did an excellent job repairing my TS-130s at that time. I still have my old 130 and it needed a bit more extensive repairs and alignment and naturally I sent it to him. He had an opportunity to really "gig" me when I asked him to replace all capacitors, but he said it didn't need it. All work I asked for him to do was completed quickly and I got back an excellent, fully functioning radio and he said in his email that it should talk for a long, long time. Great communication and I would highly recommend his service which is very fairly priced.

WB1DQS Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Great TS-711A Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif, offers a clear outline of available services and rates on his web site. He is a Kenwood authorized service center and Kenwood recommended his company for service of equipment they no longer support, they referred me to him. Followed his directions and got my rig back with the problem fixed as expected! Would definitely recommend!

N4ATS Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2013 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Perfectly Done  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent several things to Cliff at AVVID for repair and or analysis. Cliff answers his emails promptly and is always kind and honest. I would not hesitate to send him any Kenwood product because I know when he calls the shots (diagnosis) he is always correct. His charges are well within budget and as a matter of fact , he really needs to charge more. Thank you Cliff for all your help as well as support on the eHam forums..

N5KBP Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Great as usual  Time owned: more than 12 months
Same ol same ol with Clif.
Radio broke. Send to Clif. Radio fixed.
What else can you ask for.

N7JS Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2013 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Service you can trust  Time owned: more than 12 months
It always makes you a little nervous sending "your baby" to a complete stranger but there was no need to worry. Sent my TS-2000 to Cliff for a receive problem. It came back fixed and the cost was fair. I won't hesitate to use Cliff again in the future if something goes wrong.

WE6C Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2013 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Check up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my TS-850 to AVVid for a check up. The radio had not ever been in the shop, or ever had any problems since new in 1994 and I wanted to keep it that way. Clif went through everything, gave it an alignment, replaced a couple caps, and the back-up battery and the radio is working great! Highly recommended!