Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

KA2Y Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2012 16:48 Send this review to a friend
TS-440SAT would not translitt  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif turned the rig around in about three weeks, and did an incredible job. Problem was one transistor, but his knowledge of the TS-440 was incredible. He went over the rig and the tuner and I think the radio works better than ever. When it was shipped back, I had an audio problem that magically appeared and in about an hour Clif sent an email telling me what connector to unplug and replug and the problem was solved. After all it is not a brand new radio and mechanical connections do oxidize. I may send another to just have him "tune it up". Can not say enough positive about him and his very fair prices.

N2OAM Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2012 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Ailing TS-60  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Clif a sick TS-60 that turned out to be a real dog. Someone (NOT me) had been into it. He stayed with it until it was back to 100% working condition. He also stayed with his original estimate. Clif is a top notch tech!

N5CEY Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2012 11:54 Send this review to a friend
2nd TS-930  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif just repaired a 2nd TS-930sat that was given to my son (KF5INZ). Did a superb job in a reasonable time. Clif always has a backlog of radios to repair due to his fine reputation. I give him a 5 rating because he is a reputable, knowledgeable no-nonsense repair center. This is the third radio I have had experience with Clif with and all three have turned out great. Thanks for a job well done.

KK4HEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Sick TS690S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased my first rig, being newly licensed, I bought what I thought was a good deal ...The Kenwood TS690S operated like a dream ...for 9 days, then it became a nightmare...The display went out, then the audio went out...If anyone wants to see what was happening, go to Youtube and search for ...sick TS690S ... I was lost, having put a lot of money into my new station, I could not just go out and buy another rig ...I came upon Clif's name here on eHam and sent him an e-mail asking his advice ...some 30 or so e-mails back and forth later he determined that there was some residual leakage from the onboard battery ...After I followed his instructions and cleaned the area...my machine is up and running ...working DX and I am having a ball ...I would recommend to anyone, new op or old, Clif's services ... Thank you Clif...Thank you ...

N4RMT Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 05:03 Send this review to a friend
A rare breed by today's standards  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased an 850 that wound up being anemic above 24 MHz. After trying everything within my scope, I contacted Clif. He answered promptly each time, and spent alot of his time patiently helping me troubleshoot. Eventually I sent him the radio per his instructions. Clif was honest and up front and told me it would be a while before he got to it. (It was the holidays) Received an email a month or so later that the rig was ready. Though the price was very reasonable, it would still be a couple of weeks until I was able to send payment. Clif never once pestered me about his money. Sent in payment, and within a week my rig was back and operating as new. Clif fixed my problem, and updated the older caps and battery as well. Only negative thing I can say about Clif is he doesn't work on the other manufacturers rigs. If he did, he'd definitely be THE one stop for radio repair. I'd send a radio to him again in a heartbeat.

W7AJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2012 15:14 Send this review to a friend
TS 590 F901 FUSE  Time owned: more than 12 months
THIS WAS MY SECOND KENWOOD CLIF REPAIRED FOR ME.
FAST TURN AROUND WITH UPRATED F901 PROTECTIVE FUSE.

WB5EAT Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2012 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Cliff simply is a craftsman who combines his skill and ability to do a great job and then goes a step further to deliver more than you expect. My TS-830S operates like new !

KC4Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2012 16:02 Send this review to a friend
One of a Kind  Time owned: more than 12 months
It was my pleasure to meet Clif as I hand delivered and picked up my radios. Mr. Holland went through my two TS-950SDX rigs and a TS-60 that was considerably ill. All were thoroughly checked, repaired as needed with fresh batteries and software where applicable. The work was performed professionally at more than reasonable rates. Most impressive was Clif's integrity coupled with his often and concise communications. Overall an experience seldom seen in today's markets. While I don't think I'll be making many more trips to TX anytime soon, I won't hesitate to send any future Kenwood rigs for Clif to work his expertise. Just follow his directions in shipping and packing you will be more than satisfied with the results.

Thanks,
Scott
KC4Z

KC7OV Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2012 12:01 Send this review to a friend
TS-870  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic job.Enough said.

WA0VYB Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2012 08:52 Send this review to a friend
TS-430S Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was not a member of this service, but joined just so I could put in this review. Clif did a great and thorough job on my TS-430S. If I ever need any more service on my Kenwood rigs, they are going straight to him. This is the man. What more can I say?