Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

KC7OV Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2012 12:01 Send this review to a friend
TS-870  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fantastic job.Enough said.

WA0VYB Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2012 08:52 Send this review to a friend
TS-430S Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was not a member of this service, but joined just so I could put in this review. Clif did a great and thorough job on my TS-430S. If I ever need any more service on my Kenwood rigs, they are going straight to him. This is the man. What more can I say?

W0RMS Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2012 21:06 Send this review to a friend
WRMS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent Clif a basket case TS-50 .... he sent me back a working radio. He went the extra mile and found used parts when no new ones were available...you just can,t beat service like that, and at a fair price to boot. One more time THANKS CLIF !!!

KD4TGM Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2012 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent communications and service!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Clif is honest, reliable, responds fast to emails, really knows his stuff and is reasonable.... Need more be said?
After reading some of the previous reviews I though who better to trust my long in the tooth TS-940S to. He has help me to put this fine piece of Kenwood history back on the air for hopefully another 25 years. Thanks to a job well done!!

WB8HWO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2012 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Most Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 940SAT to Clif in April last year. Today a different problem put the radio out of service. I contacted Clif to ask about shipping it back. Clif ask me to do some specific checks advised what action to take and resolved the problem via e-mail. I don't know of any other repair service that equals that level of service excellence after the sale. Clif is genuinely interested in the hobby and his fellow hams not to mention eminently qualified in the Kenwood line.

N5IZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2011 07:44 Send this review to a friend
ts480sat repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i sent my ts 480sat to cliff and he repaired it in due time and did a great job.at a reasonable price..great job.thanks cliff..73 ray n5iz

N9BTU Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2011 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Spot-on repair-Fast turn-a-round  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As far as Clif's work goes, he is the best when it comes to Kenwoods. Shipped my 940 to him where it appeared to be stuck in the transmit mode all the time. Cliff said his turn-a-round time was about 3-4 days and he was actually faster than that. Got radio back fully aligned and as good as new.

Now, for Clif's attitude and communication....he is a little lacking in this department which I can offset by the speed, quality, and price of his repairs. However, when I thought I had a problem-which actually turned-out to be an incredibly high noise level due to a neon light in the shack and not his repair, he was a little indignant that I would even question his repair. Granted, he was right and you have to admire a man who is so confident in his work that he defends his work sight unseen,but a lot could happen in shipping that while not negating his work, could make you "both right". I wasn't, but he was not particularly anxious to believe me and take another look at the radio.

Like I said, it all turned out well and his repair was perfect. I guess when you have been delighting hams for as long as Clif has, you can be a little crabby and a tad "rightious"! I am grateful that we have a Clif still doing this kinda work and doing it well.

W7AJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2011 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Great service with great results  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clif took care of two problems I had with my TS-950SD. One was self inflicted while I was troubleshooting why the rig would not transmit. He repaired my damage and replaced the shorted finals.
Total turn around time was about one month. The rig works just like new now. I have had the 950 for about twenty years and really like it. I bought a TS 590 about a year ago and just love that rig also. I guess I'll use the 950 as the back up rig. I have both ready to use any time with my switching set up.

N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Great service at a fair price  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's getting hard to find a qualified technician to repair the older Kenwood hybrids and when my TS-530 went lame recently it was a "no brainer" to send it to Clif. As usual (this is my third time to use AVVid since '96) the rig was ready when promised and the price to repair the bandswitch, NAR switch and to align was more than fair. In addition Clif provided some good tips to keep the rig going. Can't ask for more!

KG9H Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like to trade a lot and just got a TS-50 in on trade. I also received a note on the service "just performed" by Cliff. Amazing work, he "replaced the microprocessor!!!" as well as fixed a few issues that are known to happen in a TS-50. Last he replaced the notorious battery for an extremely reasonable price. Hats off to Cliff and others that keep our radios alive. Based off this Invoice, I would have no issues recommending him to anyone that needs service. When and if.. I ever need service, certainly.. I would recommend him. Frank KG9H