Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

WB1ETJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2013 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Needed help with Kenwood repair. AVVid was recommended.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Contacted Clif and he said to send in the radio. He quickly diagnosed the problem and repackaged it in the original carton. His rate was extremely reasonable and the transceiver works better than ever..... I got great reports from all stations I contacted!! I would certainly recommend Clif to anyone with a Kenwood problem and would send another one to repair in a heartbeat! Thanks again, Clif

AK4VK Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2012 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif diagnosed the problem with my Kenwood TS-450S before I sent it to him, and helped as I tried to repair. Being green in repair, I didn't get it right and sent it to him. Two weeks later, and a very fair price it was back, and works perfectly. I recommend Clif's work highly.

N4DOU Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2012 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a sick TS-2000 and Clif gave me advice via email and the Kenwood TS-2000 reflector. When all my attempts to get it working failed, I sent it to Clif and he did a great job repairing my radio. It works better now than when it was new. Clif repaired it, updated the firmware, and made sure it met the factory specs. If I need Kenwood repair again I am going to send it to Clif.

KD8RKJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Great repair  Time owned: months
Clif was very helpful with a repair on my Kenwood TS-450s. It had a burned audio final and some burned traces on the board and he fixed it and sent it back for a reasonable price. Thanks Clif

WA4SDE Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 15:41 Send this review to a friend
SUPER PERSON AND REPAIR  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY TS-930SAT..SENT CLIFF AN EMAIL TELLING HIM THE PROBLEM.. HE RETURN WITH AN ANSWER IN 3 HOURS WITH WHAT I SHOULD LOOK AT. HE KNOWS THE KENWOOD RADIOS BECAUSE THE PROBLEM WAS ON THE BOARD THAT HE SAID TO CHECK OUT FIRST...HE IS A 10 IN MY BOOK AND IF I EVER NEED TO SEND OUT ANY OF MY KENWOODS FOR REPAIR IT WILL GO TO HIM....

KB9BOJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2012 14:17 Send this review to a friend
TS-440 wacky display  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a problem similar to the dots but not quite on TS-440 I bought off a friend. I changed the Battery but no help. Clif got on the phone and showed my I had the battery in backwards. Problem fixed. He was very patient and very knowledgable. Next time I have a Kenwood issue it goes Clif right off the bat!!

KA2Y Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2012 16:48 Send this review to a friend
TS-440SAT would not translitt  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif turned the rig around in about three weeks, and did an incredible job. Problem was one transistor, but his knowledge of the TS-440 was incredible. He went over the rig and the tuner and I think the radio works better than ever. When it was shipped back, I had an audio problem that magically appeared and in about an hour Clif sent an email telling me what connector to unplug and replug and the problem was solved. After all it is not a brand new radio and mechanical connections do oxidize. I may send another to just have him "tune it up". Can not say enough positive about him and his very fair prices.

N2OAM Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2012 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Ailing TS-60  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Clif a sick TS-60 that turned out to be a real dog. Someone (NOT me) had been into it. He stayed with it until it was back to 100% working condition. He also stayed with his original estimate. Clif is a top notch tech!

N5CEY Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2012 11:54 Send this review to a friend
2nd TS-930  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Clif just repaired a 2nd TS-930sat that was given to my son (KF5INZ). Did a superb job in a reasonable time. Clif always has a backlog of radios to repair due to his fine reputation. I give him a 5 rating because he is a reputable, knowledgeable no-nonsense repair center. This is the third radio I have had experience with Clif with and all three have turned out great. Thanks for a job well done.

KK4HEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Sick TS690S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased my first rig, being newly licensed, I bought what I thought was a good deal ...The Kenwood TS690S operated like a dream ...for 9 days, then it became a nightmare...The display went out, then the audio went out...If anyone wants to see what was happening, go to Youtube and search for ...sick TS690S ... I was lost, having put a lot of money into my new station, I could not just go out and buy another rig ...I came upon Clif's name here on eHam and sent him an e-mail asking his advice ...some 30 or so e-mails back and forth later he determined that there was some residual leakage from the onboard battery ...After I followed his instructions and cleaned the area...my machine is up and running ...working DX and I am having a ball ...I would recommend to anyone, new op or old, Clif's services ... Thank you Clif...Thank you ...