Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4230MV Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4230MV
MFJ-4230MV Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: 30 amp switching power supply
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4230MV .

N8OX Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2014 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Big Surprises Come In Small Packages  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased a new Yaesu FT-857D from GigaParts. They had the MFJ-4230MVP on sale for $89 and since the radio was getting free shipping and based on the reviews here, I had one added to the order. It also prompted me to order some Anderson PowerPole terminals to take advantage of those connections (in the rear). I have been very pleased with the operation of this power supply. Small, quiet, efficient, and was purchased at a good price. My meter indicates very close to the voltage displayed on my digital voltmeter. Having an option to display voltage or amps is nice too. Binding posts on the front is also a plus. I have not observed any hash. You can get a bad apple from any orchard but this one seems to hit the mark for MFJ. I highly recommend this power supply. Lots to offer in a small package and very easy to transport if doing a little/lot of traveling. And those PowerPoles make connecting equipment a snap (yes, a pun was intended). I hope, if you try one of theses, you have the same luck with yours as I have had with mine.

K0FL Rating: 4/5 Oct 28, 2014 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Good-but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a new 4230 and was very disappointed. I had a hash 5kcs wide every 40kcs and constantly moving on 10 meters. I decided to email MFJ and see if they had answers. After two email exchanges I sent my 4230 to them and they replaced it. Was squared away in about 10 days total. The "new" new 4230 is much better. I'm happy with how quiet the supply is both hash on the bands and just sitting operating. This is a quiet supply. The fan blows a few seconds when you first turn it on just to let you know it's there. I have not heard the fan come on yet using it to operate my IC-7600 and other meters-tuners. Seems to be a stout and solid power supply. I give it a 4 due to my bad first supply. MFJ customer service was great.

WD8DBY Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2014 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This little power supply is running the new commercial Icom F8101. The fan kicks on when initially powering up the supply but then goes silent. The output adequately handles the F8101's 125W output. There is no hash or other interference. An excellent product, small physical footprint and good power out.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 07:11 Send this review to a friend
MFJ got it right  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been one of those who has had consistently good luck with MFJ products over the course of many years, but I must say the 4230MVP is a cut above past products in every respect.

I opted for the Anderson Power Pole option but I have yet to use them. I am using the front connectors. The supply is very quiet. No hash and no big fan noise. Everything I hoped for at a great price. It is indeed extremely small and feels very solid. Exactly what I needed.

W5CBO Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Nice power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hope I'm not premature in writing this but my initial thoughts after using this a few days on my IC756 ProIII is that it's a great little power supply. No hash on any band,quite fan and seems to be rock solid on output.

N4KVE Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2013 17:28 Send this review to a friend
GREAT POWER SUPPLY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Finally, a quality MFJ product. I have been using this for about 8 months, & it's been perfect. MFJ does not make this product. They import it, & put their logo on it. The exact same supply is sold by QJE, & Jetstream, but is actually made by Nissei Electric. I only use mine for VHF-UHF mobile radios in the house, & let a heavy Astron run my HF radio. The fan always runs slowly, & only speeds up when the unit is working hard, but the fan is always quiet. This is one MFJ product I would not be afraid to buy. N4KVE

AB4O Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2013 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for FT-857  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When my centuries old rs-35m started humming really bad, I needed a quick replacement. Quality build, quiet, and most of all no hash or birdies.