Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | JK Antennas JK2040 - Hawk Help

Reviews Summary for JK Antennas JK2040 - Hawk
 JK Antennas JK2040 - Hawk Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $4,390.00
Description: The JK2040 Hawk has phenomenal performance characteristics on 20m and 40m. The 38ft boom 20m Yagi has been optimized for high gain and a good F/R with good SWR performance across the band. On 40m the characteristics of the 3 element Yagi are similar to the JK2040 Eagle.

You can write your own review of the JK Antennas JK2040 - Hawk.

W1MBB Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2016 07:51 Send this review to a friend
If you want the best look no further  Time owned: more than 12 months
The quality and design of the JK Hawk are outstanding. All the hardware is stainless, the saddle and boom-to-mast clamps are extremely heavy duty. The aluminum is very high quality aircraft grade. The structural integrity is superb largely due to liberal use of fiberglas rods overlapping element joints. therefore, there is no droop at all.

And the performance is extraordinary, more than 30 db front to back and best-in-class forward gain. When I upgraded from a competitors 2 element (on 40) system, friends who knew my signal reported additional 5-10db signal strength.

With 3 elements on 40 and 5 elements on 20, the antenna is ideal for a single tower setup. I plan on adding a 4th element on 40.

And, of course, with every JK antenna comes the great service and wise consul of Ken Garg (W3JK). Ken is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful with all aspects of your antenna project. He goes above and beyond.

I will give you an example: I had an older yagi from another supplier for higher bands. The clamp was built for a 2" mast. I have a 3" 4130 cromoly mast. I contacted the antenna manufacturer and got no response. i contacted Ken and he fabricated a custom boom to mast clamp block in his machine shop and had it to me within 3 days. I have never experienced this high level of service in my 40+ year amateur career.

If you want the best, look no further than JK. To same I am satisfied would be a real understatement. The product and service are fantastic!
N8GP Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2013 09:36 Send this review to a friend
DXers Dream  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W3JK has designed and engineered a phenomenal antenna in the JK2040-Hawk.

If you’re interested in the characteristic of this superior performer has the EZNEC Pro/4 reports that show them in detail.

Now my take on this antenna.

Customer Service: W3JK calculated, measured, and marked all components for my exact needs. He was available for every phone call and Email, always eager to help.

Shipping: The antenna was packed and shipped with the same quality of its design. All components were labeled as to their function on the antenna. The tubing for each element bundled together for very easy assembly.

Antenna Assembly: I was able to assemble the JK2040-Hawk with out any help at all,from the 40 foot boom to the 46.5 foot reflector, the quality of the martial and the way it is engineered being the reason.
In the packets of nuts, bolts and washers extras were included. A 8oz. bottle of Penetrox more than enough was also included.

In The Air: The data on the tower matched the EZNEC Pro/4 almost exactly, very impressive. My first QSO with the HAWK was to Kuwait, the antenna was 5 feet above the ground, my report 57, not to bad. Now at a height of 105 feet reports of 59++ are common. But my pleasure is being able to report back signals of 59+ to dipoles, verticals, long-wires, magnetic loops, and the occasional rain gutter. Working the QRP and mobile stations of the world is just phenomenal.

JK Antennas & Systems has made this fantastic hobby of ours so ever more enjoyable. See you in the pile ups, I can be on either end with the JK2040-Hawk