Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Grado Labs Prestige Series SR225i Help

Reviews Summary for Grado Labs Prestige Series SR225i
Grado Labs Prestige Series SR225i Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200
Description:
Features:

Vented diaphragm

Non Resonant air chamber

UHPLC copper voice coil wire

Standard copper connecting cord

Normal Impedance

32ohms

Driver matched db

.05

What does the i stand for in the new SR225i from Grado? Improved, that's what! Features are the same as the SR125i, new driver, cable and housing designs, but this headphone has an increased rear air flow, utilizes Grado's larger ear cushion and has closer matched drivers. Air flow is increased by 50% which is achieved through an improved rear metal screen. The use of closer matched drivers and the larger cushions results in an enlarged soundstage, while the improved rear screen frees the headphone from colorations.
More info: http://www.gradolabs.com/

You can write your own review of the Grado Labs Prestige Series SR225i .

KG7CJQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2013 03:36 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Headphones  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
GRADO SR 225

Upon first arrival I knew these would be superb headphones, the packaging suggests they are more about putting the quality in the product instead of the packaging, I know break in isnt necessary but I put on some jazz and let them run at power than power for a full 5 hours before I used them with my radio gear.
Sat morning on 10m seemed to be really alive the whole band was completely open, I started off with the stock speakers but found the audio of my ICOM 7000 a little harsh with the normal band hash noise, so I set up my DSP and PBT, and that helped a lot, so I decided to really give these headphones a test. Right away I was Blown away by the crispiness of audio, and the smoothness of the voices coming through the headphones, I love the fact that they frequency response is so smothe it really allows for user control of what you want to hear, with ham radio you want exactly that. You dont want the Low ends booming in your ears or the Highs of the band hiss putting the vocals in the mudd. I have owned a pair of Grados before I had a pair of RS 1s for studio use and they were amazing, they quality is that of a fine car. Im what you would call audiophile I love great sound and Grado delivers just that. I have to find anything that will even come close. Before I wrote this review I gave it 26 straight days of use with the SR 225 and also switching between my other headphones, and speaker combos including my monitors, I have a pair of presonus eris e5 they are amazing monitors as well but I still prefer using my Grado SR225 to my expensive monitors. If I had a chance to get a pair of RS1 to have I would in a heartbeat. But For budget wise for HAM radio use the GRADO RS 225 are my top performer I will post a YouTube video of them in the future and add it to my link

The PROS:
they have amazing sound quality
comfortable to wear for hours of Dxing
they are built great
the frequency response of the headphones allows user control to create perfect RX with DSP or no DSP
The Cons
the foam at first is a little but to get used to, break in before long use
not well known in the ham radio which I would love to see more people using them