Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | HF Super Packer Pro - 100 W Amplifier Version 4 Help

Reviews Summary for HF Super Packer Pro - 100 W Amplifier Version 4
HF Super Packer Pro - 100 W Amplifier Version 4 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$549.00
Description: This is a kit project of a compact linear amplifier for use with QRP SSB/CW transmitters on the amateur bands 160 through 10 meters and which can be powered from a 12 volt DC supply. The design is a good balance between output power, physical size and battery power consumption. The completed amplifier will reward the builder with a clean, more powerful output signal for a QRP rig when radio conditions become marginal.
More info: http://www.hfprojectsyahoo.com/hfsuprov2.html

You can write your own review of the HF Super Packer Pro - 100 W Amplifier Version 4.

AG6GX Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
An inexpensive addition to the KX3 transiever  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This kit was a joy to make, it is complicated but not excessively so as I was able to follow the instructions. There is a lot of parts to this kit and you do have to be carful not to misplace a few in the process. I completed the build and have been using the amp for the KX3 rig with a home brew fan dipole on 80/40/20/10 meters. I have given away the FT840 HF rig I have even though that rig was extremely easy to operate, the improved performance of the KX3 just renders that rig to the shelf - or in my case to my son. As with all transistor based amplifiers, care should be taken with antenna matching. This amplifier has LED indicators for power, SWR, band, and any adverse status condition, Also it has a display field that is selectable to indicate driver temperature, output power, reflected power, low pass filter band setting, amplifier gain, power supply voltage and current as well as having automatic shutdown in the event of a improper condition. This allows you to diagnose any issues that occur and protects your investment from premature failure. I always tune the antenna with just the KX3 output (amplifier in bypass mode) prior to enabling the amp. It has keying input or VOX operation on SSB. With the KX3, there is no reason to you to use the VOX feature - just use the keying output from the KX3 to enable the amplifier. I initially had some issues with the LP filter on the 10/12 meter band but have been able to resolve this with some minor adjustments on the LP filter toroid coils. For CW operation I have had no issues. I would recommended this for anyone who is a builder as with this addition, my ham station is comprised of kits for everything except the AC power supply (too easy to build) and the antenna tuner (already had one.) I love to operate the KX3 with full output on SSB.