Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | SMT-Pro Station Monitor Help

Reviews Summary for SMT-Pro Station Monitor
SMT-Pro Station Monitor Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $219.50
Description: Combined 30dB forward coupler with sync output and biased demodulator with variable gain for trapezoid waveform testing

You can write your own review of the SMT-Pro Station Monitor.

K3FEF Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2016 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Extremely handy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very surprised I didn't see more reviews on this! I leave mine in circuit all the time and fire up the scope when I need to check things. With both RF sampling and audio demod, it makes for a tidy and complete package - and this thing is built like a tank! Whether doing a trapezoid, or just dual-trace, it allows me to quickly get my signal in shape without having to ask for an audio report. And of course, it also warns you to any non-linearity in the amp.
Unlike the old (though quick and easy) trick of just using a simple diode detector, this is properly biased so that the demodulated audio is a near perfect representation of the original audio signal going in.
I frequently hit legal limit through the RF sampler section - no issues at all. Can even use it to measure power.
Also, the manufacturers website has some nice tech-notes on usage.
Considering the price, and how long it would have taken me to build something this good, I think it was a very fair price representative of quality manufacturing.
AD5HD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for amplifier testing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This version uses RF derived bias to linearize the demodulator making it usable from QRP to QRO. Very well built and easy to use. Have successfully tested it down to 100mW and up to about seventy watts so far. Indispensable for trapezoid waveform monitoring, accurate power measurement, and waveform analysis with the sync output making it simple to use. So useful I bought a second to have one permanently mounted to the exciter and another to the PA. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff, highly recommended.