Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | MPP-7 OLDU overvolt, low batt, DMM, USB Help

Reviews Summary for MPP-7 OLDU overvolt, low batt, DMM, USB
MPP-7 OLDU overvolt, low batt, DMM, USB Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $$79.95
Description: 7 power Pole outputs with Digital Voltmeter, USB Charger Outlet, and Overvoltage Protection.
Plastic and rubber construction makes this unit ideal for outdoor and automotive applications
More info: http://grumpyshop.net/power-distribution-panel/impp-7-oldu-overvolt-low-batt-dmm-usb/

You can write your own review of the MPP-7 OLDU overvolt, low batt, DMM, USB.

K1OQ Rating: 0/5 Jan 8, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Very Poor Quality Control and Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this device with the hopes of saving money over purchasing the West Mountain Radio RIGrunner, plus it had a voltmeter, USB power outlet and low voltage detector.

The device is composed of the printed circuit board sandwiched between two pieces of foam rubber and then attached to a plastic base. Claims to be usable in the outdoors but I think not. There are plenty of places for water impregnation.

On the first unit that I received, the rubber foam was not completely glued to the PCB and the layers were skewed. It was poorly constructed so I contacted Grumpshop for a replacement. The second one I received had a dead #2 output and the volt meter was low by 4/10 of a volt which is important if your working off battery's in the field.

After two defective units, I asked for a refund of both my cost plus return shipping.

The owner refused refunding my return postage saying there was nothing wrong with the units. He did refund my original cost but claimed the volt meter was within spec (no spec cited on advertisement)and you just had to wiggle the power pole to get it to work. Not my idea of a confident product.

When I again pointed out the defects and asked for the shipping refund, he sent me a very nasty email.

I can not recommend this device or seller.
Again......you get what you pay for!
I'm off two west Mountain now for a RIGrunner.