Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G-Whip Magnetic Balun Receive Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for G-Whip Magnetic Balun Receive Antenna
G-Whip Magnetic Balun Receive Antenna Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $115
Description: HF receive antenna covering 2 to 30MHz, the receiving wire element is made of kevlar so will not break and will last a lifetime, the termination box is IP rated and has a standard SO239 female connector fitted. Simply screw the provided insulator into your facia board and hang the box from it, then string the green kevlar wire down the garden (approx 20 mtrs). Superb performance, fully potted rf circuit and wire strain relief fitted and static discharge cct.
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the G-Whip Magnetic Balun Receive Antenna.

ZL4WE Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2014 16:16 Send this review to a friend
The highest quality wire antenna I have ever used   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The components and construction of the G Whip receive only antenna including the magnetic balun is the best I have seen in my 35 years of radio. The very special balun combined with the mil spec kevlar wire and s/steel hardware makes an exceptional product. I have been using it every day for a couple of weeks and I've found the performance to be excellent, with the best all-band performance without a tuner that I have ever heard from a wire approx. 20m long. The balun box has a built-in static discharge system which is a nice touch. In my email exchanges with Geoff (G4ICD)at G Whip I was pleased with his friendly and helpful manner. I unreservedly recommend G Whip antennas to anyone looking for the very highest performance and engineering standards. They have a wide range of types too, including resonant end feds, Windoms and doublets.