Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Vintage amateur | Knight 50 Watt Transmitter Help

Reviews Summary for Knight 50 Watt Transmitter
Knight 50 Watt Transmitter Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 50 watt CW transmitter. Early 1960s

You can write your own review of the Knight 50 Watt Transmitter.

W2NSF Rating: 4/5 Jan 15, 2014 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Built mine; earned an OO report  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Also my Novice rig (WV2REP). I built it myself in 1961. Got lots of QSOs on the novice bands. I also "earned" a pink post card from an OO in Ohio for my 2nd harmonic from 40M. Still remember the smell of the tubes/transformers/chassis during operation.

K3YD Rating: 3/5 Jan 14, 2014 11:00 Send this review to a friend
My first rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Knight T-50 was a classic design for the era, with (crystal) oscillator,Voltage Regulator and 807 amplifier tubes. (It was a budget version of the Johnson Adventurer.)
I used mine (purchased pre-owned) during my 1964-65 novice "career" and worked 37 states, some eastern VE and 1 DX (a G3)with it, mostly on 80 and 40. Also got a few OO reports for 2d harmonics of my 80 meter signal and one for key clicks.
If I had the space, I might re-create that Novice station for its nostalgia value, not its performance.

KE5ADB Rating: 3/5 Jan 13, 2014 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Own one, never plugged in.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had this on my desk for a few months now. Everything internally is intact. Still has the assembly manual with it. Other than that, I don't know much about it other than what I've read in some old articles. I didn't see it in the reviews. I was hoping if I created one, others can share knowledge. Does anyone still operate one of these? If they're not worth using, how about reusing some parts?