Reviews Categories | Microphones | YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control Help

Reviews Summary for YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control
YAESU MD 100A8X  Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control Reviews: 78 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$125.50 @ R&L Electronics
Description: Yaesu, traets this as their top-of -the-line high end Mic, and as well they should. I have used Heil, Sure ICOM and other various microphones, which are from stand alone to hand mics, not that I'm the expert. But from the time I have incorporated the MD 100, the audio reports have been nothing less than "Excellent", so I'll let nealry 400 QSOs, from the mics use speak for themself! I use one for HF and the other for UHF/VHF with assured audio quality. W8DMC

You can write your own review of the YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control.

KG4TQQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this mike for over two years and I have had no problem with it. I am getting excellent reports on the receptions so I can only go by what I hear. I use it on my FT-817D QRP rig and it seems to work fine. I have never used the switches on the bottom of it so I can only assume the switches are in the right position. I am not one to fix what is not broken so I leave good enough alone. I love to improve things, though, so if anyone has any suggestions please email me with the suggestions. My new call sign is NT4Z if you are looking for me and want to give me some suggestions.

K4TPC Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2014 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great match to FTDX-3000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have this mic connected to my Yaesu FTDX-3000. I use the mic's "HIGH EMPHASIS" switch to ON and the FTDX-3000's "MIC EQ" switch to OFF. I always get great audio reports.

W3UT Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2014 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Quality microphone  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted a desk mike for my Yaesu FT-dx1200 and this model was the matching accessory. An attractive desk microphone, black finish with a nice size base. Excellent audio quality with clear crisp sound. Mike has equalization switches on the bottom to roll off bass or boost highs. Mike comes with switches bypassed for flat response. I've received great audio reports with the factory setting. A clear improvement over the Yaesu hand mike. I am pleased with this microphone.

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2014 22:32 Send this review to a friend
VA3MLV  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok updated review of Yaesu MD100A8X Desk Top microphone , still hooked up to Yaesu FT990. But now with the W2IHY 8 Band EQ I'm able to run the MD100 mic also with my Yaesu FT101ZD MKIII tubed Transciever so you can just imagine how nice the audio sounds.This mic sounded good on my FT990 but with the 8 Band EQ + Noise gate this mic sends some really nice audio through. Now if I wanted to use the filters on the mic it's dueable cause of the power consumption the 8 Band EQ sends to any of the four mic connections. Still leave it in the thru position , sounds best like that in my opinion. So the mic is great & with a external piece of gear like the W2IHY 8 Band EQ that supply's 5V you can use the supplied filters on base of mic & you can run it to any two Transceivers.

26JLH Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2014 17:00 Send this review to a friend
good bit of mike  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
looks good works well,its as good as any other mike out there and its cheep to.
good for the ft450 cant see any thing that is any better for my small rig.
i will recommend this mike its nice and loud.
do you here me.
jeff m0prf

KB9ZTF Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2013 10:01 Send this review to a friend
this is the mic for the ft450  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what a great mic this is the perfect mic for the ft450 was running a turner sidekick a stock mh67 and the mh31 they work ok I would say 1-3 with the Turner and 1-3 with the stock mics wanted a better sound so I was talking to k9hss on 80 and he told me about this mic wow the difference is just wow make the rig sound so much better and has some great reports on am also I would give this mic a 10 on the scale of 1-5 its off the charts I also heard it with my rig on the other end and it sounds great so if you have a ft450 and want it to sound like a big rig this is the mic

K2CLH Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2012 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Great so far!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this because I am ten years old which means my voice is not female or male sounding therefore it is very hard to find a microphone that handles my voice well. I took it out of the box plugged it into my FT-857D and all I have heard is "nice audio". I have tried messing with the switches on the bottom but stock seem to be perfect. Thanks Yaesu for an awesome microphone. 73, K2CLH!

CR7000 Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2012 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Up there with the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Audio reports have never been better with this mic

I use it with my 857D and 450D both excellent combinations

Filtering is no less than superb on SSB, maybe a little compressed on FM, but in either case I always get complimented on the clarity of my audio and how profesional it sounds

Best upgrade to the shack so far

GM0WNR Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2012 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Great quality mic.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all. I have only had this mic. for about a week, but it is alreay a permanent addition to the shack. I use it with an FT897. It has improved my SSB and FM signals no end. I use it in the thru position for the filters on the mic. With a mic. gain of 85 and a proc. setting of 30 giving great results. Just today I received unsolicited comments on the high quality of my audio on 15M into Anzio in Italy from Federico IZ0VXL. This mic. screams quality !! Buy one, you won't regret it.

KI6KJS Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2011 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mike  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the MD-100AX8 With My Yaesu 840. I purchased the Intl Radio Vox Box and modifird it to send +5 volts to the microphone so that all the functions would work.
Some people have modified the mike to add a three terminal regulator but I did not do this because the mike works on most radios as is.
I am told that I sound better on the air with the high emphasis on but My voice has alot of low tones so this is a personal preface.