Reviews Categories | Microphones | YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control Help

Reviews Summary for YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control
YAESU MD 100A8X  Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control Reviews: 85 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$125.50 @ R&L Electronics
Description: Yaesu, traets this as their top-of -the-line high end Mic, and as well they should. I have used Heil, Sure ICOM and other various microphones, which are from stand alone to hand mics, not that I'm the expert. But from the time I have incorporated the MD 100, the audio reports have been nothing less than "Excellent", so I'll let nealry 400 QSOs, from the mics use speak for themself! I use one for HF and the other for UHF/VHF with assured audio quality. W8DMC

You can write your own review of the YAESU MD 100A8X Dexk-Top Microphone w/Tone Control.

ALPHA1 Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2006 08:32 Send this review to a friend
THE YAESU 100AX DESK TOP MIKE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the MD 100A8X TO GO WITH MY FT 897D ITS GREAT A QUALITY BUILD WITH GREAT AUDIO BRILLIANT WELL DONE YAESU ANOTHER EXCELLENT PRODUCT

73'S DAVE M3OCH

KC2ILJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2006 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow, I just plug the mic on my FT-1000 Mark V Field and my daily fellows on 20 meters, ask me if I bought a Equalizer. Great for DX aswell. If you want to sound much much better that the normal hand mic get this mic.

73's DX Mike

N2RFY Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2006 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up a very nice used MD-100AX for my Yaesu FT 840. Very impressed! Mic is very solidly built, rugged. Nice design and layout. I do not use any of the tone settings or filter on the mic, I have all switched in the OFF position and use the processing on the radio itself. I get great unsolicted audio reports on SSB. All radio panel functions work, tuning collar on mic works, I really like this mic, it's a definite keeper.

G7PAF Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2005 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Does the Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own a couple of radios from the Yaesu Stable

the FT-847 and the FT-1000 Field

I have two MD100a8x 's on the bench

with the field on ssb i found i had a feed back problem while running the radios speech processor
got round that by turning the high emphasis OFF

I do get quite a few unsolicited reports on the audio but then i have the sort of vioce that would sound good with 2 beak bean cans and some string according to a friend of mine.

on the FT-847 again i get good reports back during those odd six meters openings with the odd report congratulating me on the audio quailty.

FM use does seem to lack a little and requires you to be pretty much up front on the front of the microphone (so make sure your desk is at chest hight so your level with the mic for those long overs on 2 metres.. hi hi)

I got both of mine second hand but in superb condition at half the price (..2 for 1 hi hi) and have absolutly no complaints about them.

never had a chance to compaire to some of the more upmarket mics but i will update if i do

enjoy the hobby

Bob

VK2HSV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2005 21:11 Send this review to a friend
Awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
This microphone compliments any radio that you connect it too.

I currently use it with my Yaesu FT-102, and have been told by several of the contacts I have made that the audio is just superb, no need to make any adjustments at all. It also gives it that extra boost when on the HF bands.

I would highly recommend one to anybody.

WA4SCA Rating: 4/5 Jul 6, 2005 05:25 Send this review to a friend
RJ-45 connection problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the past reviews, I noticed a few cases of less than satisfactory audio. There have been a few cases where the RJ-45 connection was not making a good ground connection, and RF was getting into the lines. A test for this is to try the stock hand microphone directly, and then plug it into the 8-pin connector on the back of the MD-100 and try again. I had this problem, found the above cause, and solved it by using an old cord with 8-pin plugs on both ends.

Alan
WA4SCA

VA3DVS Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2005 22:17 Send this review to a friend
Awsome ft-847solution  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I coupled it with an FT-847. Great reports. Just turn it off and on ssb use processor.
Thought I would need a different mic for a DTMF solution. Check this out. I used the 8 pin on the back of the 100 by plugging in a MH-36. Now I can use the handheld, which passes through the MD-100 OR......wait for it.....I can key the 100 and then just enter the code on the handheld! I mounted it on the desk firmly and EEEEEEhawwww awsome solution! Try it!

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2005 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Good desk mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently bought this mic from R&L electronics for my Yasey FT1000 Mark V; I have a Heil Proset headphone but wanted a matching desk mic without having to add all the extra handswitch options.

The various filtering features work well, as does the freq adjustment from the mic to the radio (I do not use it much).

Excellent quality and looks, highly recommended.

Chis WO8USA

IW0HOU Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2005 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Sounds good with FT897  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A good desktop mic for the FT 897 working as a base station.
Good response during FM local QSOs with filters totally disabled or in "low cut" position 1.
Great response in SSB DX in "low cut" position 1 and 897 speech processor on.

In order to have the UP and DOWN collar functioning ok with the FT 897 you can cut the "fast" wire (pin #4) from the 8 pins circular connector. This will prevent the radio to be switched off by long-pressing the UP and DOWN collar buttons.

73 Alex

GM0WDD Rating: 3/5 Jan 7, 2005 01:28 Send this review to a friend
Undecided  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As the microphone owner I can only go on the reports I receive and they haven't been very complimentary!

On purchasing the microphone I went on our local 2m FM chat frequency to be told what had I done to my audio as it was no where near as good as it was before (using the supplied fist microphone with the ft847). I adjusted the settings but still no joy so have given up using it for FM.

If I'm ever able to operate SSB from this location then I'll use it but for FM use I wouldn't recommend the MD-100. I suspect the microphone was designed for SSB rather than FM use which is a shame seeing as it costs so much here in Scotland!