Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | SILVER BULLET 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for SILVER BULLET 1000
SILVER BULLET 1000 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60.00
Description: 80 thru 10 meter antenna coil at power levels up to 600
watts*, no tuner necessary. For mobile, home, portable and
apartment installation. Tunes 80 thru 10 meters depending
on the length of the whip used (you supply your own whip),
no tuner needed. This coil has been tested and used with
antenna whips from 102 inches and as little as 36 inches.
More info: http://wolfrivercoils.com/

You can write your own review of the SILVER BULLET 1000.

W5UM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2014 06:38 Send this review to a friend
BEST MULTIBAND COIL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best non-motorized multiband coil I have ever used. I have tried hamsticks, Hustlers, bugcatchers, and homebrew coils. None of the above can hold a candle to this Wolf River Silver Bullet 1000.

The antenna is installed on a trailer hitch extension on my camper van. The hitch extension keeps the coil 2 feet away from the van body. I have found that this allows for a better swr and stronger transmit signal.

I have a 3 foot stainless steel rod attached to the trailer hitch; and have the Silver Bullet 1000 screwed into the rod. A 102 inch CB whip is screwed onto the top of the coil.I mostly work 75 meters and attach the whip when I am parked. The coil is about 5 feet of the ground and can be easily reached for adjustment.

The SWR, as measured on the swr meter in my TS-570, is adjustable to 1:1 on all the bands from 15 meters to 75 meters. It is easily tuned by moving the slider clip up and down. It is fine tuned to your exact frequency by rotating the slider. If you want to use the coil on 10 meters you need to use a shorter whip.

The coil is very heavy duty and is extremely well constructed. All hardware is stainless steel, including the wire on the coil.

The customer service from Terry at Wolf River Coils is exceptional.

N9LVS Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 07:04 Send this review to a friend
It works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have not had a single problem with it even in the harsh Wisconsin winter on the back of my Jeep It out preforms everything I have used in the past. Nice little click stops makes it easy to tune in 5 mins. Runs 1.3:1 SWR on 40 and 20 across the band with a 102" whip on top. Simple rugged construction no bell and whistlers. There is nothing better for mobile HF I have found yet.