Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Blue Collar Ants 2010 Mag Loop Help

Reviews Summary for Blue Collar Ants 2010 Mag Loop
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Kit $245 Assembled $345
Description: Model 2010 tunes between ~13.9 and 30.1 MHz covering the 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meter bands. Made with 7/8" OD copper tubing. A remote motor tuning option is available. Less than 33" in diameter and less than 12 lbs.
More info: http://www.bluecollarants.com

You can write your own review of the Blue Collar Ants 2010 Mag Loop.

W2SOC Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2014 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Does what it claims  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own serial number 001. I took a chance on this antenna and have found nothing better for working the digital modes. A recent bad day on 20 meters saw an S-3 noise reduction when I switched to the 2010 from my G5RV. It loves SSTV and hasn't shown any problems operating at 100 watts, even in digi modes. Adjustment can be a little touchy but once tuned it seems to stay put, even with wide temperature swings. It has also handled coastal weather conditions well for a year now. I consider this one of the few HF antennas I own that meets expectations without any re-engineering. Great job guys!