Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Daiwa CN-801 HP3 Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CN-801 HP3
Daiwa CN-801 HP3 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $160
Description: 1.8-200 MHz, 30/300/3kW. The CN-801 series of Cross Needle meters feature the largest meter face, and the most accurate in the Daiwa line. Calibrated in .5W increments with 5W SWR detection sensitivity and lighted. The 801 reads true PEP. Dim: 6"w x 4"h x 4.5"d; 2.2 lbs.
More info: http://www.daiwa-industry.co.jp/radio/ham_e/products/meter/

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CN-801 HP3.

K6KV Rating: 2/5 Jun 16, 2017 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Very inaccurate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine read 100W low at 500W, against three other meters which read very accurately. While not as bad as some others report, I find that intolerable. I also own a delightful 30 year old Daiwa meter/tuner that still reads spot-on. Either Daiwa is not the grand company it once was, or someone is selling defective units out the door on ebay. I returned mine and am out $26 shipping.

M0RDW Rating: 0/5 Feb 15, 2016 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Inaccurate by all standards  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A power/swr meter that claims its accurate to 5%

You must be joking, it isnt even accurate to 50%

Already sent two back because I expect something to be as advertised. How can a manufacturer claim to be 5% and be more than 50% out.

Lies lies lies Daiwa - Not good enough by any stretch of the imagination.

Third one arrived exactly the same. 400w reading 150w.

Had to try and calibrate it myself and from zero to full scale deflection the accuracy is non existent. Only useful as an indicator as to whether its close to the power that you calibrated it at.

See my results below:-

If I set the meter to be correct at 2KW (full scale), at 1KW the meter reads 500W and at 500W the meter reads below 200W.

If I set the meter to be correct at 1KW (half scale) at 2KW the meter reads 1650W and at 500W the meter reads less than 100W.

What am I supposed to do?

This obviously isn't what its claimed to be by the manufacturer.

Just another piece of rubbish destined for us amateurs to rip us off with cheap and nasty equipment for top dollar.

Never again Daiwa

KC8Y Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use with just one-movement  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had it for about 10-years. Had it out-of-line for about 3-years, BUT for the last 3-years-placed it back in-line & I love using.

Like the previous response had said, also have the MFJ-868, BUT also don't like it-always resetting switches just to read power, then pots for swr :(

With this meter, I can read all with just one (1) movement :)

Ken KC8Y

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Great tool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had mine for about a month now and it works great. I had an MFJ-868 (giant face meter) and was not liking the way I had to switch between SWR and power. Now I can read them both simultaneously. No Forward power setup either. Accuracy is within spec.