Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | 20M Dipole from Amateur Radio Supply Help

Reviews Summary for 20M Dipole from Amateur Radio Supply
20M Dipole from Amateur Radio Supply Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $33.90
Description: + Half Wave Dipole
+ Rated 2KW
+ 15 Gauge Wire
+ High Quality Center Insulator
+ Cut to Middle of Band for Optimal SWR
More info: http://www.amateurradiosupplies.com/product-p/11311.htm

You can write your own review of the 20M Dipole from Amateur Radio Supply.

K1PMA Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2014 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Best bang for the buck!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered this dipole for mobile work with my FT817D QRP radio. Tried various random wire configurations but none really worked satisfactory. Heard some old timers on the radio stating that a good wire dipole is about as good as it gets and costs much less that all other solutions. I already had a G5RV from Amateur Radio Supply that worked really well for me so I though I would go back there. They had 2 versions of 20M dipole available, one being assembled. Ordered that one and got it 5 days later. Note that stuff there usually does not ship as fast as the products page might indicate. In any case the dipole is very well made and at $34 worth every penny. Just stretched it out along my deck railing and made a SSB contact with central Florida (from Raleigh, NC) using only 2.5 watts! Folks, I have a big honkin' amp too, but since some time I find QRP to be much more challenging and satisfying than just getting 59s without much effort!