Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Wilson 1000 antenna (10M) Help

Reviews Summary for Wilson 1000 antenna (10M)
Wilson 1000 antenna (10M) Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $60 - 70
Description: Wilson 1000 base-loaded 1/4 wave. Frequency Range: 26-30MHz.. Available in roof top mount, trunk mount, and magnet mount. 10 gauge silver plated coil winding and 62" stainless steel whip.
More info: http://www.wilsonantenna.com

You can write your own review of the Wilson 1000 antenna (10M).

KC2GYN Rating: 0/5 May 14, 2009 06:43 Send this review to a friend
JUNK~!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All new Wilson antennas are made in China.

I just installed a new Wilson 5000 roof mount antenna.
2 days to do a custom install in my 2008 dodge Ram, plugged the antenna into my Cobra 200 GTL.
First radio check fried the radio.
Intermittent dead short in the factory connector.
Was that the reason there was a spare PL-259 in the box?

BAILENFORCER Rating: 0/5 Feb 6, 2009 08:23 Send this review to a friend
changes  Time owned: more than 12 months
The production for Wilson has been moved to China, and I have heard from the distributors really bad news, they are failures like never before, production issues and one distributor said the instead of sending it back RA, took it apart and the coil was not wound but in fact bunched up in the coil housing. If all the distributors are telling me the truth, wilson just shot themselves in the foot. Also I have back orders well into March, and that's no promise just a guess.

VE3EPA Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2008 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just another thumbs up for this little workhorse. Wilson has a number of different antennas of the same design that are rated for varying outputs. I've used one for years on 10 and 11 meters. The mag mount is convenient, especially for users of smaller vehicles who have less space for antennas.

I don't run an amplifier in my truck but for those who do and are considering this antenna, be sure and check the Wilson site for the correct model.

And don't be shy to admit you were on the CB. It introduced a lot of people to amateur radio. I got my ticket 17 years ago because of it. Heck, I still monitor Ch.19 when I travel!

Steve

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2008 17:23 Send this review to a friend
SUPER!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned Wilson 1000s and a 5000 and i cant say enough about them. They work great. Period! I used to use them on CB but now im out of that, i kept my 5000 in case i want to use it on 10 meters or, god forbid, on 11 meters if i so desire!

N8BY Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2007 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello, I have Owned a 1000 mobile antenna for well over 20 years. It hasnt given me any sort of trouble in all these years, used to use it on 11 meters, then 15 yrs ago got my Ham ticket and have been using it on ten ever since. I have talked around the world with only 35 watts out of my Mobile. I would buy another one in a heart beat.
Thanks for reading my Review. 73 and God BLess
Rick N8BY

W8ILP Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2007 11:00 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
sure its long, but thats what makes it work great! Bought mine a month ago and have not regretted since, a little cut down on the whip and it was working great on 10m.
And it looks great on my 2004 Monte Carlo.

ROMEODELTA1 Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Durable, versatile, easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used the same Wilson 1000 for fifteen years on 11m and now on 10m. Easy to adjust for flat match. Through the roof mount gives the performance its famous for, and easy to remove when you want to take it down. Handles 1000w, newer model 5000. The best practical mobile antenna.

ON4MGY Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2004 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Perfect 10m mobile whip  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna years ago when I was not even a ham, but just started with CB radio.
Well, times have changed, I've left the CB far behind me, took my exams and CW-test and became a licensed HAREC class A ham.
The Wilson 1000 antenna stayed.
It receives better and you'll work other stations easier than with most other 10m mobile antennas.
The antenna price is a little high (here in Europe) but it's worth it. The antenna is a keeper.

73 ON4MGY Nic

N8VB Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2004 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent antenna for 10 or 12 meter use. You can purchase an extra whip so you can cut one for 10 and one for 12. If your rig has a built in tuner you can use it on 10 and 12 with one whip. The the 'Lil' Wil, and Wilson 500 models I would stay away from. Best bests are the Wilson 1000 and 5000 models which use a 62" whip. I operated a lot of 1O meter AM from 29.0 to 29.2 Mhz with this antenna on the car. The surprisingly mag mounts work great.

N8IWK Rating: 3/5 Jun 9, 2003 08:38 Send this review to a friend
so so, not what I expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After contemplating replacing my existing K-40 with a Wilson 1000 after reading and hearing about the great reviews I finally got a Wilson 1000. Much to my dissapointment incoming signals were 2 -3 S units lower than with the K-40. THis isnot what I was expecting at all. I double checked all my connections. Checked SWR reading and attempted to fine tune SWR lower than 1.3:1 to see if it would help, still no change.
So I started wondering if maybe something is wrong with the Wilson I received. I'm seeing a short across the PL259 center pin to outer part of the connecter only with the loading coil connected to the base. Removed the loading coil and the cable, connecter and base checked out fine no short. SO then I checked the coil with an ohm meter and found that the center pin to the outer connecter reads 0 ohms.
Can someone that has a Wilson 1000 please confirm if it's normal to show a short. Please E-mail me. Thanks N8IWK
giovanniluce@hotmail.com