Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Mackie ProFX8 Audio mixer Help

Reviews Summary for Mackie ProFX8 Audio mixer
Mackie ProFX8 Audio mixer Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$229
Description: Professional quality 8 channel mixer with USB capabilities and also balanced/unbalanced capabilities. Perfect for Ham radio, Skype or pod casting. Plus you can download tons of effects off the internet.
More info: http://www.mackie.com/products/profx8/

You can write your own review of the Mackie ProFX8 Audio mixer.

N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2014 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Pro quality do it all audio mixer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am not a new ham but am new to audio mixers and high quality microphones. I recently purchased a MXL990 microphone that I modified with new caps and a larger cartridge. I was not sure how to input a signal into my Kenwood TS930 with a balanced microphone. I previously bought a mixer that was good but did not have the unbalanced output that the Kenwood and most all other transceivers require. So I traded it in for the Mackie ProFX8 plus some extra cash.

The Mackie ProFX8 is a very well made portable mixer. It does have USB capabilities and so it can be directly connected to a computer. It also has balanced and unbalanced output for almost any situation. No other equipment is needed to hook up my Kenwood TS930 via the phone patch RCA jacks in the back.

Because the ProFX8 has an USB connection, new software can be downloaded from various sources for thousands of sound effects.

Not knowing a whole lot about pro audio, it was a learning experience setting up my new audio system. I use the USB connection for Skype calls and for Liberty NET (3990 give or take) phone patches.

I highly recommend the Mackie ProFX8 audio mixer. It has just about anything you could want or need for ham radio, podcasting, music or Skyping.