Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | hytera pd 782 Help

Reviews Summary for hytera pd 782
hytera pd 782 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $700.00
Description: UHF DMR/ANALOG Hand Held radio
More info: http://www.hytera.com/product/prodetail.aspx?id=416

You can write your own review of the hytera pd 782.

N4KVE Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2015 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Gave it a 2nd try, & this radio is much better.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I previously gave the Hytera PD782 a poor rating. I only used that radio for a few hours, so I didn't get to realize all the features the radio offers. I just purchased another one, & I'm very pleased with the radio. Everything about it is quality, and the ability to program the radio from the keypad is great. RX, & tx are right up there with my Moto radios. It appears the radio I tested in February was built by harvesting good parts from 4 broken radios, & not factory assembled. So I now change my rating to a 5.

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2015 15:41 Send this review to a friend
As good as any Motorola  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned a PD-782 for more than a year until it was stolen off my truck when by accident I forgot to lock up all doors.
As a radio technician for more than 47 years I have the normal habit to check the factory specs in any radio that I purchase to be sure they are working properly.
I have been a Motorola tech for the last 24 years and nobody can tell me how well and professional they are having excellent performance BUT after checked my PD-782 I can surely tell the specs of it has nothing to envy any Motorola,same sensitivity, same selectivity, same audio quality, in fact in some enviroments the PD-782 sounded better than its equal for DMR, series XPR, what was said previously about a PD-782 lacking in building coverage is because the particular radio in question was not properly programed, many programers are not aware that the receiver squelch has different settings on the software when the codeplug is written and if its left on tight mode for noisy areas, it will not have the highest sensitivity for in buildings coverage.
In my technical opinion, the PD-782 should not be discredited for one specific case, all of them are excellent radios and you are free to buy one, you will not be disapointed, in fact the display is one of its kind for its colors, something that Motorola still has not developed in some DMR radios.

Hector
AD4C

N8PMG Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2015 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Hytera PD782  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both the VHF and UHF versions, plus the new PD362. My UHF is from the first year of production, while the VHF is about a year newer. They both are well constructed and reliable. Audio is clean for transmit and receive. In addition to being quality radios, the software is good and much easier to acquire and less expensive than Motorola.

WZ1Y Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2015 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Great radio for dmr  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up recently this radio works great great audio reports too easy to program with its software

Great for DMR fm uhf band

N9NWO Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Really love it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have the PD782G which I use both on analog and DMR. I can see why the Chinese police use the radio. It is the equivalent to our Motorola police radios. Tough, water proof and, once you understand it, easy to program.

What seems to impress other DMR users is the screen. It is bright (blue) and easy to read. I have the HT, charging stand, programming cord, speaker mike (with 3.5mm jack for earphone) and headset. A very, very professional radio.

KB8WDV Rating: 4/5 Feb 22, 2014 17:12 Send this review to a friend
good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I Have had mine about 9 months.works fine on all dmr systems with the exception of not being able to use texting,roaming,and a couple other features on a motorola repeater which most are.on the plus side software is free or inexpensive
unlike motorola.durable,nice color display.can be bought new for around 450.00 if you shop around