Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | LOGic 5.0 for Windows Help

Reviews Summary for LOGic 5.0 for Windows
LOGic 5.0 for Windows Reviews: 24 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $129
Description: The ULTIMATE ham radio software.
More info: http://hosenose.com

You can write your own review of the LOGic 5.0 for Windows.

WR3Y Rating: 1/5 Oct 16, 2003 17:59 Send this review to a friend
Clumsy, confusing, poor!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A friend convinced me to switch from DXBase, WHAT A MISTAKE! This program title should be called ilogic! There is no comparison. I am going back to DXBAse! I tried to use Logic 5.0 for 3 years cause I spend a bunch of money on it, but I am done. Don't waste your money on this program or the updated version!

K9IUQ Rating: 3/5 Nov 10, 2002 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Too Much $$$$$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Logic logging since the Logic Jr days about 10 years ago. It is a good program. I have updated several times and am now at version 5.0 The average ham just doesnt need a program this powerful. I have been using the MIXW 2 logging program and found it is all I need.If you are a contester you will probably like this program. The average ham (like me) should look elswhere for a cheaper logging program.

M5KVK Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2002 15:43 Send this review to a friend
It gets better!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I originally wrote a review of the Logic5 demo and opined that it was good, but expensive. I now know why!
I tried out just about all the other packages but ended up coming back to Logic just as Logic6 was released.
I use it mainly as a fuller function logging program for use with MixW and it gives me all the flexibility I need.
Having used it for about 3 months now, I love it.

4Z5IS Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2002 15:31 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
i am using logic 5 and now version 6 for a few years.
worte artticales in the israel ham radio magazin about a lot of log programs. logic it one of the bestof them all.
the suport is first cllas.
logic 5 is the best one can look for

K1VV Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2001 07:10 Send this review to a friend
NO Problems-The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have been a LOGIC user since LOGIC4 the DOS version, several years. We now use LOGIC5. The support from Dennis has been oustanding. Any questions we had were answered. Most of my questions were about using certain features of the program, none were bugs. There have been no bugs. We have never had any problems with any version of Logic and in our personal log we have over 35,000 log entries and many years of use.... and we also maintain two club logs in LOGIC5 with over 20,000 total entries. We are an active contester and it is very easy to import contest logs into LOGIC for QSL label printing and award tracking. We use the packet cluster connection and rig control functions with our MP and previously with a TS-850. Locally here a half dozen other operators all use LOGIC and they are extremely happy with the program. As with any new software there is a bit of a learning curve for new users. We would recommend LOGIC5 to anyone considering going to a computer logging program.

KB6HT Rating: 0/5 Jul 29, 2001 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Software Support is Terrible and Massive Bug Errors in Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the software on my system and a critical software .ocx that works with the dll statements of Visual 5 or 6 was missing.

N6FM Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2001 23:46 Send this review to a friend
Controls up to FOUR rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Logic does, in fact, control most of the CAT equipped rigs on the market. If a particular rig does not appear in the selection list, often another model of the same manufacturer will. The author continually adds new rigs to the program. Logic will control up to four rigs and two rotators. Each can be selected by the appropriate log window (also fully configurable) opened. One log can be configured for one radio and rotator, another for a different rig and the same or different rotator. It offers two terminals, one presumably for packet cluster, and the other for RTTY or other such use. It also offers two telnet sessions and two individually configurable web cluster windows. Custom reports can be edited to taste and full Cabrillo exportability is available. Logic may seem pricey compared to other programs, but for what it does, added to its flexibility, it can't be beat IMHO.

M5KVK Rating: 1/5 May 29, 2001 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice, but too expensive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been looking at most of the packages available via eHam, and in most respects this is the best. It's main advantage for a non-US ham is the ability to extend the logging to cope with non-US awards (many of the others are too US-centric).
It is let down by its own cost and its lack of built-in rig control, requiring the use of TRX-Manager; at another 70 USD That's a total of 200 USD just to do logging!!!
Gareth

W2FCA Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2001 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Logging software that does everything  Time owned: more than 12 months
Of all the logging programs I have tried I find that Logic is far and above the best. It comes set up with enough screens and reports to do most all one would need, but where it really shines is in the ability to customize the logging screens to be exactly what you want. The ability to track and report awards is superb and is equally able to do both the HF awards and the unique requirements for VHF work. Although for really serious contesting I use TR, I use Logic for casual contesting because it will show my progress for various awards along with how I'm doing in the contest.
In addition, I like the fact that the newest version runs just fine with my 233 mHz computer under Win95. I have no desire to have to upgrade one program just to use another. Dennis also does a fine job with support which with something as complex as a full featured logging program is invaluable.

K4VT Rating: 1/5 Apr 13, 2001 15:51 Send this review to a friend
very poor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Logic V3 for over 10 years and love it.. Bought V5 and have spent over a year trying to get it work right. Cant get the 3 needed screens on the display at the same time. (not enough room on the screen). trying to resize the logging screen is enough to drive a man to drink. The font size changes with the window size.
Customer support has always been poor. dont get any correspondance or update info. Will keep using logic V3 cause it is great.