Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | The Joy of QRP: Strategy for Success Help

Reviews Summary for The Joy of QRP: Strategy for Success
The Joy of QRP: Strategy for Success Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $23
Description: Originally published over ten years ago but still much wisdom for the QRP operator. This book is still available.
More info: http://www.qrparci.org/arcijoy.html

You can write your own review of the The Joy of QRP: Strategy for Success.

KA0USE Rating: 4/5 Dec 5, 2014 09:48 Send this review to a friend
above my level, but a good read anyway  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this book since the 80s. I got it direct from ade and he even signed it with a note.
the only reason it didn't get a 5 is because my technical knowledge is below his level.
otherwise a good read and I did learn from it.

KA4JVY Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2010 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Good book on QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up a copy at LambieFest II in Punta Gorda, Fl. Great hamfest ! http://w4dux.net/default.aspx

"The Joy of QRP" is a fantastic book written in the spirit of so many of the "real" ham radio authors like Kneitel, Orr and Carr.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2007 11:32 Send this review to a friend
still of use today  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The book is was published 1985 by Adrian Weiss W0RSP. Finding one was not easy, as far as I know KANGA US is the only seller (I might be wrong). It is a nice read, the technical chapters are no longer fully up to date but all in all a nice read about the art of QRP. This book was once a classic. I recommend "The history of QRP" by the same author, a very detailed history about our low power playground.