Reviews Categories | Digital Multi-mode decoders | SCS Dragon DR-7800 modem Help

Reviews Summary for SCS Dragon DR-7800 modem
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1795.00
Description: The latest Pactor Modem
More info: http://www.scs-ptc.com

You can write your own review of the SCS Dragon DR-7800 modem.

N9KWW Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 16:20 Send this review to a friend
outstanding   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a pricy Modem, BUT it gives you the biggest bang for the buck. This little box is faster than a speeding bullet over the air. Connections are quick and the auto mode feature makes this guy totally plug and play. I was very skeptical about how well it would perform under less than ideal conditions; my fears were laid to rest. I tried to connect to a station that was extremely weak and did not even hear it but the P$ Dragon did and got my traffic in seconds. I like the blue tooth option, makes it very versatile with three different laptops running it back to back.
The instructions are straight forward but the on off button is a bit disguised as it is a touch tile button, looks like part of the silk screen print. The driver was easy to install and updates itself over the internet if it is available on your PC. I ran this guy through its paces and it has performed better than anticipated, the P4 mode makes the P3 mode seem like a bicycle compared to an Indi race car. The speed difference is just hard to believe but itís there in front of you.
My only regret is waiting to get one; I was in the slow zone far too long. I should note that it runs like a champ with Winlink and other over the air e-mail programs.