Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | West Mountain Radio PWRcheck Help

Reviews Summary for West Mountain Radio PWRcheck
West Mountain Radio PWRcheck Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $189.00
Description: Voltage and current monitor
More info: http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=pwrcheck

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio PWRcheck.

N0IKD Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2017 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Suits my needs well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My home is off the grid . The electrical equipment is downstairs and the shack is upstairs. All of my radio equipment is 12v as is lighting and accesories so I use the PWRcheck to monitor all of my power usage on the radio desk. I have a dedicated 12v circuit that supplies two rigrunners for all my devices, radios and chargers. All monitored by the PWRcheck. I have a Macbook so don't use the software. Keeping track of amp hours and the wattage of each device is very useful in my situation. RV's and boats could use it in a similar way.

KD0ZV Rating: 4/5 Feb 1, 2015 15:45 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to the shack.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would give this a five except for two things. First the software could be so much better with a little work. And finally like every other powerpole device I have owned they give you no good way to sit it on the desk. I did not want it screwed to the wall and why they always think they must run the connectors out the baffles me. I changed connectors to the back and mounted it in a nice box. Much nicer now. So close to being a stellar product.

KB1GMX Rating: 4/5 Nov 28, 2014 10:12 Send this review to a friend
works for the use I have it for  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got mine at ARRL centennial in CT. For the price it allows me to monitor the status of my solar charged battery system. Being linux based I have not used the software nor do I need it.

*Manual is a bit sparse but adequate.
*Software for linux only.
*Product base unit does what the specs say and provides a number of handy display options.

I give it a 4 as 4.5 is not available and I've not tried the software. I would recommend it and if needed obtain another.

N1NAZ Rating: 3/5 Mar 4, 2014 17:30 Send this review to a friend
Great hardware terrible software   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The hardware is very useful particularly for batterie checking and power monitoring. Displays voltage, current, amp hours, and watts. However the software has a lot to be desired, there are two level indicators you can activate on the right hand side of the window, resizing the window totally affects the scale, goes from 0-15 volts with a marker at 13.8v for instance to 0-2 volts while still showing 13.8v. Also you can modify the displayed graph to customize it, however there is no way to save the changes. When you close out the software and come back all the changes are lost. If the software was better I would have given a 5 review.