Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn Help

Reviews Summary for KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn
KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $47.50
Description: Main wire is 31' and made with "Wireman" 18g a Silky antenna wire. The
matching transformer is a 9:1 UnUn which is trifilar wound on a larger toroid.
The antenna wire is attached to a stainless steel stud and the unit has a BNC
connector so no SO-259 adapter needed. The toroid is held in place internally
with hot glue and foam, and the internal BNC connector is protected by an
inert putty to inhibit corrosion. There are custom made sturdy tabs with holes
on the end of the antenna to attach ropes or to mount on top of a pole like a
Jakite or similar fiberglass pole. The wire is folded over about 3 inches, after
the custom made rope connector is attached, then secured with adhesive
lined heat shrink. This antenna requires a tuner and a 25' Plus coax feed line.
More info: http://kx3helper.com/endfed-40-6m-antenna/

You can write your own review of the KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn.

AJ6B Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2014 00:31 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve is an awesome guy to talk with and you can tell that he has done his homework in coming out with this product. Sure we could fuss around with different wire and balun combinations, Steve has done that work for us. I also purchased the weight, line cord, holder and stake kit. You will need some coax as well. I purchased 40' of RG58 with BNC on both sides.

First time we used during a HAM class. We walked out side, tossed it up in the tree on the second try. Went onto 20m, hit tuner tune (did not check SWR prior), heard someone tuning right where we were and called him. Got a 5x8 at 10 watts, we gave him 5x9 with 1kw.

I have had two QSOs so far on SSB and ready to try some more. Well worth the $$$ for the R&D that Steve put into it as well as the fast shipping and support.

WB9SFG Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 13:41 Send this review to a friend
first time use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The first nice day here in Illinois we took the KX3 to the local park. Using a Air Boss, we put Steve's end fed antenna in a tree on a 45 degree angle fed with 30 feet of RG 174. We worked the states and Europe with ease. I was really impressed with the antenna, the quality and the service that Steve offers. The KX3 tunes it on all freqs. It is now my antenna of choice for the field..... Rich WB9SFG

K4FTW Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2014 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had the kx3helper.com End-Fed 40-6m with 9:1 UnUn for several months now, but finally with the coming of Spring, I had a chance to put it through its paces. It was easy to deploy, and worked great. I can't say enough about Steve's customer service. I had the antenna within a few days of ordering, and he's emailed me a couple of times to check and see if I'm satisfied. Finally, I can say that I am MORE than satisfied. It's a great product and it's a pleasure to deal with people like Steve.

KE5IUN Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Very nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve is great to deal with. I ordered it last Friday and Received notification the next day that it had shipped! Received it on Monday, package was in excellent condition and the antenna was well packed. Put it up this afternoon and hooked it up to my Icom IC-703+ and hit the tune button, took about a second to match on 20 meters. First call at 5 watts, was AE5ZK near Dallas TX, gave me a 599. I switched to 10 meters and hit the tune button and answered LU7WW calling from Patagonia and he came back with a 599 also. Im a happy camper!! Will take it with me to Hawaii next week and see how it works at the beach!

KI8R Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well constructed. You can build one cheaper, but my time is limited so I opted to purchase it instead. Glad I did.

Works very well with my KX-3

W5GZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 14:31 Send this review to a friend
KX3 Hekper 40-6m efw  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a break in the weather and put the antenna up this afternoon. Using 50' of RG-58, the Matching box about a foot off the ground and the wire running 75 to 80 degrees tilted slightly to the south. I was very much impressed with the results. The KX3 tuned it easily and fast, and signals on most bands were very good. Steve has a really good product here that is easy to set up and use. I have built some on my own, and his is every bit as good as what I have done or better. Well worth the cost if you want a great antenna in a small package.

VA3KJI Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Support and Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the antenna in a few days after ordering, hung it on my fence up about 6 feet and away I went talking to the world. I have been out of the hobby for about 15 years and needed an antenna that I could get up fast during this terrible winter we are having. Went fast and I have been getting great reports and have actually made a European contact. Cant wait to take it to my trailer this summer. Thank you Steve for a great product

KF5RHI Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an end-fed antenna for my portable FT-857D set up. I found KX3Helper.com and bought the 6m-40m end-fed. I set it up in a local park and within a couple hours had contacts on both coasts and a DX contact from Croatia. All from north Texas. I'm VERY happy with my purchase! I've since added DX contacts in Bulgaria and Austria.

W8VFM Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a simple portable antenna to use with my K2. I looked up the reviews on eHam and liked what I read. I received the antenna very quickly after ordering on the web page. I live in Michigan, so the winter snow has kept me from trying the antenna out as yet. I am very impressed with the way the antenna was packed and the construction. I also appreciate the ability to use QRO power if I need to.

N0YCA Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Well built, works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received antenna and strung it up in my basement until the weather cleared. Immediate contacts throughout the country. When I deployed it outside, it was even better. Well built, great design, and works great on 40m-10m (haven't tried 6M). I bought a second KX3helper.com antenna for my go bag.

I would 100% recommend this antenna, and it's less expensive than the popular QRP end fed used on the trails.

Finally, Steve, W1SFR is super responsive. He answered my questions about other ham-related gear (all were spot-on suggestions) and he's just a nice guy. Very friendly and helpful.