Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn Help

Reviews Summary for KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn
KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $47.50
Description: Main wire is 31' and made with "Wireman" 18g a Silky antenna wire. The
matching transformer is a 9:1 UnUn which is trifilar wound on a larger toroid.
The antenna wire is attached to a stainless steel stud and the unit has a BNC
connector so no SO-259 adapter needed. The toroid is held in place internally
with hot glue and foam, and the internal BNC connector is protected by an
inert putty to inhibit corrosion. There are custom made sturdy tabs with holes
on the end of the antenna to attach ropes or to mount on top of a pole like a
Jakite or similar fiberglass pole. The wire is folded over about 3 inches, after
the custom made rope connector is attached, then secured with adhesive
lined heat shrink. This antenna requires a tuner and a 25' Plus coax feed line.
More info: http://kx3helper.com/endfed-40-6m-antenna/

You can write your own review of the KX3Helper.com End Fed 40-6M with 9:1 UnUn.

KF5RHI Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2014 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an end-fed antenna for my portable FT-857D set up. I found KX3Helper.com and bought the 6m-40m end-fed. I set it up in a local park and within a couple hours had contacts on both coasts and a DX contact from Croatia. All from north Texas. I'm VERY happy with my purchase! I've since added DX contacts in Bulgaria and Austria.

W8VFM Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a simple portable antenna to use with my K2. I looked up the reviews on eHam and liked what I read. I received the antenna very quickly after ordering on the web page. I live in Michigan, so the winter snow has kept me from trying the antenna out as yet. I am very impressed with the way the antenna was packed and the construction. I also appreciate the ability to use QRO power if I need to.

NQ0N Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2014 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Well built, works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received antenna and strung it up in my basement until the weather cleared. Immediate contacts throughout the country. When I deployed it outside, it was even better. Well built, great design, and works great on 40m-10m (haven't tried 6M). I bought a second KX3helper.com antenna for my go bag.

I would 100% recommend this antenna, and it's less expensive than the popular QRP end fed used on the trails.

Finally, Steve, W1SFR is super responsive. He answered my questions about other ham-related gear (all were spot-on suggestions) and he's just a nice guy. Very friendly and helpful.