Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN. ZN-Minimite Iambic mini paddle. Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN. ZN-Minimite Iambic mini paddle.
N3ZN. ZN-Minimite Iambic mini paddle. Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $275.00
Description: Iambic Mini paddle made by N3ZN.
Weighs 13 ounces and has a footprint of only 1.75inches by 1.75 inches.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com/p/338/zn-minimite

You can write your own review of the N3ZN. ZN-Minimite Iambic mini paddle..

NI0C Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2016 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Perfect portable paddle   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On my last vacation trip, I carted along my ZN-SLR for use with my little KX1 transceiver. Although the Elecraft KXPD1 paddles work in a pinch, I wanted something better to use. But the SLR added three pounds to my luggage and took up some space, too!

After I returned from my trip, I purchased the Minimite, and practiced with it. It is a keeper! The KX1 and Minimite will now travel together with me in a Pelican 1170 case on future NPOTA trips.

NN4E Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Little Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first saw these at the Huntsville Hamfest, I was very impressed at the build quality and feel of these paddles. I should have bought one on the spot but waited. This is just the right size and weight plus has threads for an 8-32 screw to secure it to surface if you feel the need. Tony was very nice and even hooked up a reverse cable since I use my right thumb for DAH. I received this today and am so thrilled I'm even using it instead of my Begali in the shack even though it will be paired with my portable QRP rigs. Do not hesitate to get one of these or the slightly larger and heavier QRP, you will be very happy.

72 and enjoy

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2015 19:00 Send this review to a friend
Shockingly Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I still can't believe how fantastic such a small key feels. I expected it would be fine portable, but I like it so much - I don't know whether to use it all the time or try its bigger brother - because Tony makes some of the best keys in the world.

Plus - check out the colors and finishes. Hoo Haw!

VE9AA Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2014 09:22 Send this review to a friend
miniMITE great for a MINI COOPER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Communication w/ Tony was A-1--better than any ham product I have purchased in past 3 decades.
Packing was the best I have ever seen for a ham radio device. It was triple packed. Canada Post wasn't damaging this paddle any time soon !
Works FB. Smoooth. Love it.

I have it mounted in a 2009 MINI. (pix on CWops Yahoo page and MCC Yahoo page. Tony may put the mounting picture on his web page in the future, and he already has photo of the custom paddle on the miniMITE page (yellow one, far right, w/ callsign)

I will say even though he does give dimensions on his web site the paddles were smaller than I had envisioned....which in my case was a HUGE bonus as I was installing in a MINI COOPER. Base is a little light for shack use - - again, this is not intended for the shack. Might be OK for FD or expedition use, though only if you have light fist. (or you can weight or stick it down somehow. I have a heavy fist, so might not be the best judge for portable use....

All in all, very very pleased. Will be buying a larger one for my desk once I save up some loonies. Thanks Tony !!!

73 de Mike VE9AA & VE9AA/m

VK3CWB Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2014 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Simply magnificent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This mini iambic paddle feels every bit as good as the bigger iambic keys Tony makes. It can be adjusted to a feather light touch, and takes up no space on the ham desk. It has a screw hole underneath for mounting on a heavier plate or on a table. It is perfect for field use.

It is by far the lightest, top quality, precision iambic key I know that is available for field use. It weighs only 13 ounces!

Manufacturing is the usual very high and super impressive quality that we have come to know from N3ZN.
This key has to be seen and has to be used to be believed.
It comes in any colour range that Tony has available. Check out his web site.
Tony is a great communicator and will work with you to suit your needs.

This mini key is an absolute joy to use! It is in all honesty simply magnificent!

Maurie