Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | MFJ-208 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-208
MFJ-208 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$99.(%
Description: The MFJ-208 VHF Antenna SWR Analyzer finds the SWR of any antenna from 138 - 156 MHz. It has a jack for external frequency counter. The MFJ-208 runs on a 9V Battery or 110 VAC with MFJ-1312D.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-208

You can write your own review of the MFJ-208.

M0KFO Rating: 4/5 Sep 6, 2016 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this second hand in mint condition with the original box and manual for 25 delivered. In the UK it would cost 120 new plus delivery.

I don't do much aerial wise on 2m, just a white stick, so I never wanted to spend a lot of money like I would do for HF. But I always wanted to be able to check it, which I now can do.

Analyser is a bit of a misnomer, it is a SWR meter that you adjust for frequency,it tells you nothing about the aerial or feed line. Buy it second hand and it is great, full price new, you may feel that it is not much for your money, even if there is a fair bit of electronics inside.

The only other thing is, you have to undo about six case screws just to stick a battery in it.

AC8JU Rating: 3/5 Aug 5, 2016 17:04 Send this review to a friend
good tool for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this little guy used last week for about half of retail. It's not perfect but it works. Sorta like a hammer. The first thing I did when I got it was check it with a freq. counter.

It was dead above about 147 Mhz. Opened it, found meter wires touched the air variable capacitor in VFO. Rerouted them under board and it's fine. A little stingy, but that's better than the opposite.

The dial calibration is a lot more accurate than my 207, the HF version.

With a UHF to BNC adapter you can check rubber ducks with it. Same for SMA or reverse SMA. It's handy just for that. This thing has found a home.

WB6AJX Rating: 2/5 Mar 14, 2014 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality Control  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I give this a 2.0 for poor quality control. When I first received it I installed a 9v battery and turned it on. Nothing. I noticed that the battery was getting warm. I removed the battery and did some checking. I found that the 9v battery line was shorted to ground via a solder splash. It works now that that has been fixed but how can it leave the factory in such a condition?