Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Jetstream JTWXHF Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTWXHF
Jetstream JTWXHF Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $108.95
Description: HF1.6 - 60 Mhz dual needle AVG / PEP wattmeter
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtwxhf.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTWXHF.

W2DHB Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Very good meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Meter arrived today, made comparisons to other older swr/pwr meters I have. This one is a winner.
Average power within 5 watts of others. Like the lighting and large meter, the main reason I purchased it as eyesight is poor. Only comment that prevents me from rating it a 5, is that the sales info nor the manual (sheet of paper) did not specify that you need power supplied to get PEP readings. The DC power cord hookup in not mentioned in the manual so you have to assume polarity. Otherwise a great value.

W3LMW Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2014 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Great value for true PEP wattmeter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The manufacturer claims that this is a true PEP and Averaging wattmeter, and from I can tell, their claim is true. It's available for under $100 if you shop around a bit which is a steal for a true PEP wattmeter. I don't have a calibrated Bird wattmeter to compare it with, but the readings match up very closely with my other wattmeters in the 1.8 to 30 Mhz range. I didn't test it at frequencies higher than 30 Mhz.

What I like most:
1. Backlit meter is very large and easy to read.
2. Smooth knob operation to select AVG or PEP and to select the range (1, x10, x100).
3. Metal case feels very solid.

An external 12V (actually 9.5V to 13.8V is fine) power supply is needed to use PEP metering and to power the backlight. It comes with a power cable, but you need to connect the power cable to your own power supply. A 500 ma power supply is easily ample. I'm using a spare wall-wart, regulated switching power supply that puts out 12.2 VDC according to my Fluke 179 DVM.

The light can be switched on/off from the front panel.

It has two rubber feet in the back and two moulded plastic feet in the front that keep it nice and stable.

The best price that I could find was from the
http://www.k1cra.com/ online store. Sometimes the store has a coupon on their Facebook page that provides a discount.