Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | Taylor 572B triode transmitting tube Help

Reviews Summary for Taylor 572B triode transmitting tube
Taylor 572B triode transmitting tube Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $99.90 matched pair
Description: The modern TAYLOR 572B is virtually an exact copy of the original TAYLOR 572B/T160L tube. TAYLOR is the preferred choice for FL2100, SB200/SB201, 10-160L, 30L1, etc. Base indexed and internal structure aligned and supported for both horizontal and vertical operation. Each 572B TAYLOR tube is fully tested by RF Parts prior to shipment, and includes 1 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/572b.html

You can write your own review of the Taylor 572B triode transmitting tube.

WI7B Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2008 13:07 Send this review to a friend
FIne Replacements!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

After three years, one of the 811As in my Al-811 amp was feeling both abuse I had given it and its own age. I decided to replace them all with a matched threesome of Taylor 572Bs.

These tubes are fine replacements. Need to break them in with ~10 hours of warm-up so the Ti getter can do its job of cleaning up manufacturing contaminants and increasing vacuum. After that, let 'em rip!

600-650 linear Watts PEP is easy on 80m. Limitation on more power is the AL-811's supply and whether you really, really want your non-linear signal splattering the bands. Not.

Give yourself a relatively inexpensive upgrade. Go Taylor 572Bs.

KB3MMX Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2008 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great tubes that GLOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced a set of cheapie tubes 572's that were in my used AL-572 amplifier with a matched set of TAYLOR tubes from AMERITRON recently.
Performance is MUCH better with full advertised output easily attained.
The really great thing now is the power out with low drive.....on about 25W input, I'm getting 500W out! The amp just loafs along at that level and the exciter is very happy!

Anyway, I have been pleased with the quality of the TAYLOR tubes.

73 & GL,
Chuck
KB3MMX

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Great !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a matched set of 572B's for my AL-811. I I've occasionally run them beyond the recommended specs. They keep on chuggin'! Also use a set of 4 of their 811A's in my AL-811H. Same results!

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Work Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
3 in an old AL-811 amp... 600+ out..I use this amp on digi modes, so it really puts the tubes(and amp) to the test. As far as getting them off EBay,,,well..good luck if you have a problem.
I have used RF Parts for over 10 years..and they have gone "way out there" for me. I would rather pay a little more and KNOW the co. will still be there in a year.

N3OQD Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2007 17:01 Send this review to a friend
general overview  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I know that there are some hams that say replacing the 811A's with 572B's is a waste of time and money. I very stronly disagree with this thought. The RCA specifications for the 811A states that the maximum plate voltage is 1500v. and the absolute maximum power output is 200w. per tube. This was when these tubes were made in the USA. The 572B's might be bit more expensive BUT I now have headroom enough that when I have my forgetfull moments there won't be holes in the plates. Now you will not get any more power output (limited by the plate voltage and current available from the power supply) but they are more forgiving of "senior moments". One last thing. I spoke with Ameritron and THEY recommend the upgrade and that it will not effect the warrente.

W6NFL Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2007 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought a matched quad set from RF Parts several months back as a direct replacement for my 811h amp's 811 tubes. No problems at all.

VE7ALQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2006 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Why buy Taylors?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bough six Taylor 572b tubes, four to go with my Clipperton-L (which I sold) and two to go with my Yaesu FL2100b (which I have also sold). Since then I have bought twenty four 572b tubes, in matched sets of four (Hey, matching four at once isn't expensive) Three of these matched sets were Taylor 572b tubes bought from RF Parts, and three were sets of generic Shuguang (Chinese) matched Chinese 572b tubes. I have switched to buying from a reputable dealer on Ebay, and was told all Chinese tubes originate in the same Shuguang factory in China. I saved like 50% because I used Ebay, rather than going through RF Parts.

YELLOWJACKET Rating: 0/5 Apr 4, 2005 19:40 Send this review to a friend
taylor 572b  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ordered a matched quad of these 572b taylor's from rf parts.one was shorted and blew my dentron. other 3 are poor performers and in the trash. i cant believe these are still being sold!!!!!!!!! better buy nos centrons. im really sorry i bought them.they say matched quad but how could they match a shorted tube? hundreds of dollars of repair work and old dentron tubes that came with the amp and im back to
my experiments.

W2RJL Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2004 01:14 Send this review to a friend
great tube  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put these 572B's into my 811H and they run cooler than those 811A's - a little bit more pricey than the 811A's but will have longer life (depending on how you treat them)... But I would rather purchase tubes from someone else than RF PARTS. Tubes were ordered and when arrived I had notice different test numbers on 2 out of the 4 tubes and anode cap on 1 tube was loose. Another set of 572B's was ordered (from another company) and then the process of returning the original set and the associated problems of returning surfaced with RF Parts. You know everything is always our/your fault in this companies eyes and "I" was the one who mishandled these tubes. I never even got those tubes in the amp to begin with! This was just the naked eye inspection but I am not here to complain about them.

If you do use an Ameritron 811 or 811H amplifier just remember, when the time comes to replace those 811A's - try the 572B's - they cost a little more but surely worth it. Plus, the 572B's are drop in replacements for those 811A's

N1TS Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2003 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Replacement tube of choice for Ameritron AL-572 and similar amplifiers. I have no difficulty getting 1200 watts out with about 70 watts drive.
Other varieties of 572s have had difficulty with higher voltages, and arc frequently. Very pleased with these.