Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer
MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer Reviews: 18 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: 10-160 Meter HF SWR Analyzer. If you are the HF type, this compact MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer™ will help you build antennas that will make working DX almost routine. Just plug in your coax to find the SWR of any HF antenna on any ham band from 10-160 Meters. Has jack for external frequency counter.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-207

You can write your own review of the MFJ-207 HF SWR Analyzer.

CT1FKC Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2003 10:16 Send this review to a friend
good investment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For the price it´s great. it seems to be so exact as MFJ-259 and cost much much less.
it doesn't read frequency, but I have a frequency meter, so I could save my money in something that is only used 3-4 times a year.
it works as described.

W6TH Rating: 2/5 Dec 17, 2002 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The unit is overpriced. Very poor soldering, board is full with the solder flux, calibration is terrible. Further more, no circuit diagram for future repairs if a problem occurs. The unit does work and gets you in the ball park, if you check the frequency on a receiver/transceiver. I like the MFJ RF NOISE BRIDGE MFJ-202 much better as you get more reliable information and not just a impedance check.

YO5QCD Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2002 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Some (maybe) useful info on using MFJ-207  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of my friends have offered me this device as a gift, as he has purchased a 259.
It works very fine. My HF antennas have fast and fair "tuned up". The measurements also served to figure out how the antenna "reacts" when the mounting position is changed, a fact extremely difficult to estimate in the crowded environment of a town.
I've solved the known (and figured out on this board) problems as follows:
1. I've changed the freq. dial knob with a demultiplier (re-used from an old mil. device). However, this helped only to dial easier and more precise, as the scale is only informative.
2.I've added a frequency meter (a cheap, home made one, using a PIC (16c84) and a few components from the junk box).
3. As the usual 9V batteries do not keep for long the voltage @200mA needed for normal operation, I've added a wallet power supply (with 7812), also homemade from the junk box...
All the added stuff fitted in a box dimensioned to "complete" the right side of the meter. Moreover, there was enough space inside the box to mount an old 10V accu pack (another leftover, from my UHF handy...) enough to use the meter on the roof for a half an hour.

KE6VG Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2002 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Works great for what it is  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased mine used for $35 - It made tuning my parallel dipoles soooo much easier. 5 bands on one feedline. 40, 30, 20, 15 and 10 meters. I was able to find out where my dips were in seconds. I just used my receiver to find out where I was. It would be almost impossible to use the the MFJ-207 without either a frequency counter or a receiver to zero beat to. And yes, the tuning is touchy. It's a great little piece of equipment for the price. Now to add a couple more dipoles for the rest of the WARC bands.

KG6HUF Rating: 2/5 Aug 4, 2002 15:25 Send this review to a friend
You get what you pay for.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am not to happy with the MFJ-207 SWR Analizer. It is to hard to read the frequency dial for fine tuning. Sometimes it seems like the battery is dying! Then I test the battery and it's fine. Very confusing for me. I would be happy if it would come with the counter for just a little bit more money.
From what I see you get what you pay for.

AB5CC Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2000 23:01 Send this review to a friend
Best value for the $$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I give the MFJ-207 a 5/5 because it is inexpensive and it works really well. I have owned 2 of these and still have one in addition to my MFJ-259. Sure, there is no frequency counter, but when you have it on the same frequency as your HF receiver, it makes a squeal in the speaker. I don't mind doing that when the things are going for $35 on the used market and only take one 9v battery instead of 8 AA cells. Very good value.

Kenneth Eppler
AB5CC

KC4TXR Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2000 11:33 Send this review to a friend
A lot of antennas would never have been built without it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had the 207 for many years before I got the MFJ269. A lot of my antennas would have never made it on the air without it. As with almost all MFJ products, it brings a function at a price the hobby can afford. It's very rugged, utilitarian, kind of a "Rambo" piece of test equipment. It gets in, gets the job done and gets out. I see an awful lot of MFJ207s professionally out there in the field if that tells you anything... I nominate Martin F. Jue for the "making Ham radio possible for millions" award. That man is a God send! I love MFJ stuff! It's good quality, ridiculously inexpensive, innovative and highly imaginative. The warranty is absolutely bullet proof. If you're not happy, MFJ will make you happy or else. It is not however Hewlett Packard test equipment. So if that's your expectation, perhaps you should find a planet that will satisfy your wild fantasy.

KB8ASO Rating: 0/5 Oct 29, 2000 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Fair when working, support is terrible at best.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 207 kinda worked, but the assembly job was terrible and the dial calibration was useless. My 2 year old could have done a better job soldering than they did. Mine stoped working below 3.5 Mhz. Called MFJ and asked for info or a schematic. I was informed that no schematic or info other than the users manual existed. I pushed further and received 1of the 2 pages of the schematic. I now own a MFJ 259B with no problems and a Autek RF-1 also with no problems. If you are looking for a HF only analyzer, then give the Autek RF-1 some serious thought. It costs a little, more but you will be MUCH happier with it than the MFJ 207.