Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | N6TR Tower and Antenna Work Help

Reviews Summary for N6TR Tower and Antenna Work
N6TR Tower and Antenna Work Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tower and antenna work in the Portland, Oregon area.
More info: http://www.kkn.net/n6tr/TowerClimbing.html

You can write your own review of the N6TR Tower and Antenna Work.

K7IM Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2017 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Great guy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tree (Larry) N6TR is a stand up guy. I just purchased a tower from him and he has gone well beyond to assist me with informations about installation. He has coached me about various technical aspects of the installation and has offered up encouragement.
It is very nice that a ham with his level of experience will share his knowledge so willingly, especially since he also does installations professionally.
When I picked up the tower with my boat trailer he had a tractor ready to help load and his wife had snacks and drinks ready for us. He also was quick to make sure I got the tower secure before I left for the long drive home.
I have known of him for many years and always heard he was a great guy. Now I can confirm it first hand.
I would not hesitate to hire him if I needed professional tower/antenna work.

KI7M Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2017 21:05 Send this review to a friend
I'm A Fan!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I moved from my old QTH to a country setting and wanted to finally get a 'BIG' tower. So I got a plan to do 120' tower with Rohn 45G having some experience with 25G and 45G and liking the bigger stuff. Planned, looked for tower and parts, and looked for someone to build my dream station antenna support. I had met Tree N6TR through W7NI Stan at Antronix years ago. Don't think he even remembers it but I do. Stan seemed to think a lot of him. Anyway I got some recommendations about Tree and contacted him. We exchanged lots of emails back and forth developing our plan for a 120' Rohn 45G tower with my 3 element Steppir and a few other antennas/features (usual stuff). Tree was very level headed and helpful and completely UP FRONT with his prices, when he would be available and who would work with him (Dawn his wife is his helper and a good one). They make a great team! Tree even gave me a lead to another 'licensed, bonded' professional tower group if I wanted to go that way. Finally, I was ready with a used Rohn 45G 150' tower that turned out to be Rohn -55G. Did I come out selling like a rose or what? Anyway, this weekend Tree and Dawn have put up 97' of tower and in a couple of weeks they will finish. I was the one a little slow needing to prepare last minute things like Rotor Wire, Steppir control with, GUYS out the ying-yang, etc. Not to mention that I'm getting a little old for some of this stuff. They were great in every way. And you can trust Tree to let you know about what it will cost hour wise, time it should take, when he can do it, etc. He even brought his supply of cable clamps which I ran short of. I am really a fan of Tree's work and Dawns 'we love doing it'. The price is very reasonable and I am on my way to having a tower and antenna setup I never though I would have. I'm a contester and DX'er died in the wool through and through and Tree is making it possible for me to improve my setup tremendously. If you are looking for someone to put up or take down tower, give tower advice, etc., you can't go wrong with Tree N6TR. He is the best in my book. Terry, KI7M.

NE7D Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2014 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Helpful with more than just tower work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tree's expertise extends well beyond tower work. In my case, he recommended all the items I needed to purchase for my tower project and guided my through the simpler tasks I was doing myself. He then erected the tower (75' Rohn 25) and installed a tri-bander that he loaned me until my DB18E was ready to put up. He also repaired my TX2 rotator as part of the project. I'll be putting my $$ where my mouth is again soon (yeah, he does charge for all this!) and heartily recommend him for any tower/antenna work.

K7RF Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Great to work with  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tree has done several maintenance/repair projects on my modest tower/beam installation. The tasks have been made more difficult by the proximity to trees and yard plants. He's been able to figure out how to accomplish the work without having to adopt drastic measures to deal with the situation. Tree is both knowledgeable and cost-effective. Don't know what I would have done without Tree's expertise and willingness to deal with a difficult environment and a less than major installation. I have no reservations in recommending him wholeheartedly.

N5KO Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2014 11:27 Send this review to a friend