Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | TEN-TEC Model 777 DX PRO Headset Mic Help

Reviews Summary for TEN-TEC Model 777 DX PRO Headset Mic
TEN-TEC Model 777 DX PRO Headset Mic Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $129.00
Description: TEN-TEC Model 777 DX PRO Headset Mic
More info: http://www.tentec.com/products/DX-Pro-Headset-%252d-Stereo.html

You can write your own review of the TEN-TEC Model 777 DX PRO Headset Mic.

AA9SD Rating: 4/5 Oct 10, 2014 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a bad experience with a cheap eBay headset. While the headphone portion was OK it was uncomfortable after only a few minutes. Worse the audio reports from the microphone were essentially terrible. I finally decided to buy a quality headset and owning a Ten Tec Omni VII I decided to try the Ten Tec headset.

First of all this headset is comfortable. I can wear it for an hour or two at a time and not feel at all uncomfortable so it should be good for several hours (such as Field Day). It also fits around the ear so it blocks out most ambient noise without feeling like a vise. Very nice.

The quality of the received audio is very good and the headset really helps me in understanding the audio in weak signals. The audio reports I've received on transmit have been good to excellent.

So why only four stars? Because of one small nit I have to pick with the DX Pro Headset- the headphones are too sensitive. My adjustment range on my AF control is basically from 0 to 6 percent. While that works it would be nice to be able to use a larger range of adjustment to really fine-tune the received audio. That is really my only complaint and it is something I can live with.

Bottom line this is a quality headset that gives great results.

Sherman AA9SD

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2014 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Good value headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Ten-Tec Model 777 headset provides good performance and good value. It is durable with robust construction. The microphone boom arm is extremely heavy duty.

Earphone receivers are comfortable, around the eat type - although they are not extremely large, they should encircle the operator's ears and rest on the head, instead of crushing the ear against the head as on-ear models often do. Earphone sound reproduction is very good. Not exactly audiophile quality, but very good for communication audio employed in ham radio. The closed back earphone receivers attenuate ambient noise in the operating environment.

The microphone is very good, providing a full range sound, but without too much bass, so it has just the right amount of clarity and punch one desires for crisp, clean and punchy speech reproduction. Not as full, dull and thick as a HEIL HC5, and not as thin and rash (sibilant) as the HEIL HC4 - kinda just right in the middle.

Headset may need some careful adjustment as it comes with a substantial clamping force. You may like it right out of the box, but others may want to stretch it a bit, and you can adjust the tension by carefully pulling the earphone receivers apart.

Backed by Ten-Tec, which is famous for providing excellent reliable service after the sale. A headphone junkie with a pile of broadcast and studio quality headsets, I sold mine set to another ham who needed a good, durable, headset for a low price.

Just MY take... // K8JHR //

IZ5DKJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2014 06:00 Send this review to a friend
5 star  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Ten Tec 777 DX PRO is a really good,
I replaced my old heil proset plus with new ten tec.
Today I couldn't find a capsule that would sound
as the hc4 hc5 and heil, new HC6 isn't good for DX and not "pushes"as the new Ten Tec 777.
Try the test on my youtube channel where I recorded
an OM a friend where alternates between ten tec 777 with proset hc6 and proset plus.
ON YOUTUBE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR: Ten Tec DX pro 777 - heil sound proset 6 / pro set plus

73 Simone IZ5DKJ