Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | channel master HD/9515A Help

Reviews Summary for channel master HD/9515A
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: o

You can write your own review of the channel master HD/9515A.

K3UD Rating: 4/5 Feb 12, 2003 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Was one of the best rotor values  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the Channel Master HD/9515A rotor up on my tower since 1985 turning a rather large Wilson System 33 tribander, a 3 element 6 meter beam and an 11 element 2 meter beam stacked on top of the Wilson. Probably about 7 - 8 Sq Ft of windload on a 38 foot tower.

I think this rotor was originally manufactured for the CB market in the 70s. For almost 18 years it has never failed to turn. I do have it mounted in the tower but have never used an external thrust bearing. The wind on the Wilson will move it, sometimes quite a bit but it always re-calibrates well.

Unfortunately the HD/9515A is no longer manufactured and the lighter unit 9510 is the rotor that comes with all the newer Channel Master configurations.

I also do not see the 9515A available in the used market and have never seen one on eBay. This was one of the best values around when it was being manufactured and I have used it where I would have been using one of the Hy-Gain HAM or 45 series at much more cost.

I would like to acquire a spare unit.

George
K3UD

W5WLA Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2002 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Gooood  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed this cheap rotator 3 yrs ago, has not been used in 2 yrs. After years of non use in the midwest winters/summers, plugged it in and it worked as good as the day it went up. Using a 2 meter yagi on it.

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2002 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value in a light duty rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I turn my HX-5B HexBeam with this rotor and it's worked flawlessly. I've never had to resync the rotor and control box because of the low wind torque of the antenna I use. The rotor controller is not exactly quiet, but is less noisy than an Alliance U-110 rotor box. The control box may not fit in with every station layout since it's a near horizontal dial, but there's enough slope to it that you can put it on a shelf and still see the dial. As of 1/4/02, AES is selling another model, the 9521A, which uses a different control box and features an infrared remote control. The price is low, and that control should work with the 9515 as they're both 3 wire rotors. I've been using the rotor for 21 months now and it's been trouble-free.

N1VWX Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2001 22:57 Send this review to a friend
works good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This rotors works great, no problem so far, I am using it with a Cushcraft A3S beam, the only problem I find, that after high winds I have to , go 360 degrees and back to get in correct position, but no big problem. they say this does this to prevent breakage, a good rotor for the money.

WA6KYR Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2001 18:40 Send this review to a friend
class act, great people  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I dealt with the factory and found them to be very good.
The rotator worked perfectly from the start and still does
work perfectly