Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

KJ4EOZ Rating: 3/5 Nov 17, 2015 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Too much $   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the money you can get a full HF rig maybe not new but something in like new shape . The guy on the other end cant tell 100 watts or 200 watts . Lets get real this is a CB radio .
2970 = 200 watts and 10m / 11m / 12m $400
yaesu FT 450D = 100watts 6m / 10m / 12m / 15m / 17m , 20m , 30m , 40m / 60m / 80m / 160m . antenna Autotuner . and Very clean . $400 to $500 ohand you can use HRD with the FT 450D can't with the 2970
W8STU Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2014 07:28 Send this review to a friend
GREAT RADIO FOR THE PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to get back on 10 Meters and did not have the money to buy a full line HF rig. I decided to buy the Ranger RCI 2970N2. The transceiver has 200 watt output and a great receiver. I know a lot of CBer's buy this rig due to it is easy to modify for 11 meters. A matter a fact mine came from the dealer all ready modified. I have made contacts from all over the world. Being a TECH., I am having a blast. I would highly recommend this rig to anyone who wants a 200 watt rig with 10 & 12 meters. The only thing I do not like about the transceiver is the up and down buttons on the mic is one the side of the mic. I have accidentally changed frequency while transmitting. Other then that I love the rig for 10 meters. Oh yea also the RCI2970NZ has a very large heat sink and additional two fans to keep it cool.