Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Cushcraft ARX-2 Ringo Ranger Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft ARX-2 Ringo Ranger
Cushcraft ARX-2 Ringo Ranger Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: 2m vertical antenna, 2x5/8 colinear, no radials
More info: http://www.cushcraft.com

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft ARX-2 Ringo Ranger.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2014 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Classic, simple design  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Cushcraft Ringo antennas for years and never had a problem with them. They are easy to assemble and easy to tune to your frequency. I used an original Ringo design on 220 back in the 70s and more recently I have used one ARX-2B on 2M for portable stations in events and another as a marine band antenna to talk to the boat from the summer home. In both cases they have been taken apart and reassembled for over 20 years. Performance has been very good and reliable. The double 5/8 wave colinear design works just fine for my needs and is easy to disassemble for storage. As was mentioned previously, follow the instructions carefully during initial assembly and they will work fine for you for many years.

WD5NOT Rating: 4/5 Nov 17, 2013 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Cushcraft ARX-2 Ringo Ranger   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this antenna earlier this week off ebay and so far I am pleased with it. It was easy to assemble and I didnot need to do any adjustments after using the instructions the SWR over all is 1.5. I have it 10 feet off the ground which works great for me. I will revisit my review in a few months

AI4WM Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these up for about 7 years now at the garage end of my house and an AR-270 at the shack end. I use this one nearly as much as the one for the shack since when I work in the garage or outside I have my garage rig on.

I have never had a problem with this antenna. Installation and tuning is quite easy and the design is simple and straight forward.

I was going to give this a rating of 4 since it has the typical crappy way of connecting the transmission line using a UHF connector rather than an N connector, but I have never had a problem with the connector or water since I do weatherproof all my antenna connections (even N's) as I did for commercial work.

Structurally the antenna has withstood several tropical storms. (I do not think we had a hurricane since it has been installed.)

KB8DNS Rating: 3/5 May 8, 2012 13:43 Send this review to a friend
lightly built....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mounted this at the top of my tower mast at 65 feet. worked great till the fifth year when the parts started coming off! Not easy to take down so there it sits as a bird landing!

K1YPB Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for 20 plus years, and it works great. I cleaned it up, retuned it and tightened it down with new stainless hardware. Works like brand new. This is a rugged antenna and truly one of Cushcraft's bench mark designs.

WB4LFC Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2010 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Thirty-six Years and still going!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put my Ringo Ranger up in 1974 and it still sees use every day.It will outlast me.

AE6ZW Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2010 23:14 Send this review to a friend
durable antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got ARX-2B with some of the ground radial broken, so I made it into ARX-2 ( without B )
it workes noticably better than my discone antenna with 0dBi gain.
PRO - have wide frequency adjusting capability. easy to maintain, unlike fiber glass covered antenna, no hidden element to inspect.
thicker element makes wider bandwidth.

KA0ZIS Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2009 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Easy to set up and tune, parts are available (if needed) from Cushcraft. Only had one problem ever and that was caused by and ICE storm here in Kansas. Cushcraft was quick in getting the replacement part to my QTH. I have had the same antenna for about 8 years now and it still performs great. I have C1180 Coax on it and it has low SWR across the entire 2 meter band. Top performer and cost effective.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2009 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Ant. !!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had mine 8 years when first got into the ham radio ! no problem here,if you do it right !

Jackie
Tullahoma,Tn
WWW.KG4ORX.COM

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2009 18:10 Send this review to a friend
# 4 # $ 4 $ Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I will keep it short and simple.
After Eight years had to fixed one radial.
Redone the 50.5 inch coax with RG-213
Replaced the clamps with SS hose clamps.
For the price, I think it's a very good buy.
Had a fiberglass antenna Ghezz, dead in three years.
WORTH EVERY LITTLE BUCK....
ke4ex