Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Hamsource EZ-Gate Help

Reviews Summary for Hamsource EZ-Gate
Hamsource EZ-Gate Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: Hamsource has taken a good idea and made it better. Change from your stations power supply to your backup battery at the speed of electrons! The EZ-Gate uses solid state switching using low voltage drop, Schottky diodes.
Simply plug in your battery and power supply. Distribute power from the Output.
While your A/C mains are on your station runs on your power supply and the charge of your battery is maintained.
The instant you lose power you are switched over to your back-up battery.
Smaller and more compact than similar devices, its a good fit for a go-box. Best of all, our design allows the use of the Anderson Locking Clips so your connections are safe and secure.
This device is a perfect match for the RIGrunner for complete station power distribution and backup.

The EZ-gate incorporates a 1amp current limited charger to maintain your backup battery. The device is rated for 40Amp continuous at 13.8VDC with a voltage drop of approximately 0.2VDC.

Dimensions: 2.75" x 5.25" x 0.875" heat sink. Max Height 1.5" to top of Anderson PowerPole.
Weight 6.0 oz.
More info: http://www.hamsource.com/ez-gate.html

You can write your own review of the Hamsource EZ-Gate.

WA1SFH Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 05:39 Send this review to a friend
This is a "must have" product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This EZ-Gate is great for my portable station (my ARES "Go Box"). It allows me to use the AC/DC power supply and be confident of uninterrupted power should I lose commercial power by automatically switching over to an external 12v. Deep Cycle Battery.
(Battery Not Included - LOL!).

It is well made, and uses a full metal enclosure. While it's footprint makes it an obvious choice for use in a "Go Box", I also use one at home for the base station.

What I really like is the ability to use locking clips to secure the Anderson Power Poles at all three connections. This gives me peace of mind that they will not self disconnect.

In my "Go Box", I connect the output port of the EZ-Gate to a West Mountain Radio Rigrunner, which acts as a fused, DC power distribution block for the two radios, TNC and misc. accessories.

And, best of all...
The price is about 1/2 of a competing product that I had been considering.

Bottom Line:
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!