Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | MAHA MH-A301 Docking Booster (2 meters) Help

Reviews Summary for MAHA MH-A301 Docking Booster (2 meters)
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $no longer made.
Description: Two meter handheld docking booster. 5 W in, 50 W out
More info: http://www.mahaenergy.com/products/ham.htm

You can write your own review of the MAHA MH-A301 Docking Booster (2 meters).

W3FLH Rating: 4/5 Dec 7, 2005 22:05 Send this review to a friend
Unique unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for 7 or so years now, and it has always performed well. I took it out of service for a few years, then put it back to work recently, all with no glitches.
This is a great set-up for anyone that wants to get by with just some HT's in their arsenal. I've used mine on packet and FM to work repeaters, and it performs easily as well as expected.
I have adapters for both the Yaesu FT-11 and Kenwood TH-22 (shows how old the gear is!!!), and it is currently my only rig on 2m in the shack.
I know MFJ now makes a copy, but I haven't seen where you might purchase any more adapters, so you should take that under advisement when buying one of these. Also, it only works FM, not SSB/CW, so consider that as well.
The preamp works well, power consumption is reasonable (around 15A, I believe), and it tucks away kinda nice, at least in my shack.
de Rich, W3FLH

KD7T Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2004 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Handy addition for Mobile operation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked up one of these used for use with my Kenwood TH-7D(g).

Very nice "slide-in/out" functionality make it quick & easy use.

The Amplifier performs well, and the Pre-Amp seems to be quite a bit better than the Mirage B-34-G I used previously.

If you find one used, it's a nice addition!