Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330FXT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330FXT
Alinco DM-330FXT Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$180
Description: The Alinco DM-330FXT is a variable voltage, switching power supply that delivers 9 to 15 VDC at 28 amps continuous or 30 amps surge. The combination of high-quality space-saving components and high efficiency switching technology make it possible for the DM-330FXT to be super-compact and still generate 30 amps continuous output. Alinco's communication technology has created a patent-pending Noise-Offset circuit to eliminate the pulse-noise of the switching circuit for the customer who demands more.

The DM-330FXT comes with short circuit protection, a current-limiting system (over 30 amp) and extreme-temperature protection. The pre-set voltage function makes the DM-330MVT even easier to use. Just store the most frequently used voltage in the memory, and it is constantly ready to go. And of course it is easily varied. Convenience is another feature of the DM-330FXT! A cigar-plug socket (Max 10 amps), a set of Max 32 amps terminals, and two sets of snap-in terminals (Max 5 Amps) are provided. The front panel features two USB 2 amp ports. A large back-lit Amp/V meter displays the status of the power supply.

Input voltage is 120 VAC. Ripple is less than 15mV p-p at rated load.

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330FXT.

KJ4FWN Rating: 4/5 Aug 6, 2014 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Compatibility issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a feature rich power supply, and I agree with the previous positive reviews. However, I have found the DM-330FXT to not function with the PowerGate PG-40S. This appears to be a fault with the current limiter. When a battery is connected to the PG-40S the DM-330FXT output drops to zero, even though the charging current is set for 1a.

Thinking this to be an isolated incident after discussions with ALINCO support, I returned my original unit. The replacement performed in the same manner and was also returned. I switched to a PowerWerx SPS-30DM which works as advertised with the PG-40S.

ALINCO and HRO were great to work with during this issue, and ALINCO will inspect the returned unit for manufacturing issues, for they agree that this unit should work with the PG-40S.

Since this happened with two DM-330FXTs, anyone planning to pair this model with a PG-40S should keep this possible incompatibility in mind. I should add that originally I thought the PG-40S was the problem, but a replacement PG-40S had the same results.

N4GKS Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2014 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Splendid power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't know why this is listed as the 330FXT when mine and even the picture shows just FX. Anyway, this power supply seems to be top notch. The cigarette plug and USB ports sold me, but the lightness is the best. I would never take my radio portable with my heavy Aston 35M. This supply is light and still does the job. Nice illuminated meter is also nice. Great job, Alinco.

WK4U Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2014 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Seems good, but not 100% hash free on HF.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this new power supply last week because I needed one, reviews are pretty good, and this new power supply also has two USB ports on the front, which is quite handy.

The power supply works as advertised, and for me supports 25 amp current draw with no problems. The small internal cooling fan in the back is quiet when it does turn on.

I used an SDR receiver to look for any burdies/hash from this supply. Many others have said these switching power supplies from Alinco are hash-free on HF. For the most part, I agree, but on 40 meters, there are numerous stable birdies around that are about S-5 in strength. To Alinco's credit, the noise offset adjustment moves them nicely so you CAN get them out of your way if you must.

If you use a switching power supply on an HF radio and you hear (see?) trash on your frequency, at least try the internal oscillator adjustment to see if the trash is coming from your power supply. You'll be glad you did!

Overall, I am very happy with this power supply.