Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | M2 17-30LP7 Help

Reviews Summary for M2 17-30LP7
M2 17-30LP7 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: M Squared 17MHz through 30MHz 7 element log periodic
More info: http://m2inc.com/index.php?ax=amateur&pg=38

You can write your own review of the M2 17-30LP7.

KZ1F Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To be certain, this antenna will not have the same qualities as the M2 5 ele 17mtr monobander but I can work 17, 15, 12, and 10 meters without an issue and with an antenna tuner work 20 mtrs. Building this antenna is not likely a weekend project. I believe it took me a month but the last antenna I built was a KLM KT34-XA 30 years ago. One decision I made before ordering was to get, since they offered it, the ruggedized version of it. I recall the KT34XA in the winter would not deal well with ice and I saw pictures of 4 ele Steppir looking like an inverted U. I wanted this antenna to survive a New England winter. Being ruggedized it required truck shipping and had element segments inside of element segments to provide the necessary strength. One need need only look at my qrz log to see where I have worked in the last week. Almost without exception if I heard it I worked it on the first call. Tolerances are very close and I will say follow the instructions closely and you'll likely have better results than I did during construction. I did not appreciate them differentiating 1" element segments on the boom before constructing the remaining elements. Also, be very careful about element segment orientation. I some cases I had to disassemble elements in order to reverse some segments. If you are patient and be sure to inventory parts before you start you'll breeze through construction. On the air, it is phenomenal. The non-ruggedized version is significantly less expensive and, likely, far easier to construct plus UPS-able.