Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | HamRepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for HamRepair.com
HamRepair.com Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Repair of Amateur Radio Equipment. HF Transceivers, VHF Transcivers. Yaesu specialist.
More info: http://www.hamrepair.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the HamRepair.com.

KD6PN Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2014 10:27 Send this review to a friend
THE PROFESSIONALS  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 30 year old Kenwood TS-940SAT developed the dreaded "...." display. Contacted HamRepair.com and they replied quickly. Double packed the xcvr and shipped/insured UPS. HamRepair.com worked on it after a two week backlog. The initial problem cleared up on its own (they were honest and explained that, they cleaned contacts to prevent its return). They performed; PLL alignment, memory battery replacement, SSB alignment, auto tuner maintenance, removed old conductive material from PLL, fan maintenance, and complete test. They kept me informed throughout the one month process. Excellent labor intensive service which is nearly impossible to find in the "disposable radio" era. I am very pleased, my radio performs as new. HamRepair.com is recommended without reservation. A+ team.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2014 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Service & rates!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used Cal's services twice myself & have had Great service from him.Great service & very reasonable rates.I have sent several other Hams his way for their repair needs because he does great work.I would not hesitate to send my gear to him in the future should they need serviced. {:>)

N7RST Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2014 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Honest, ethical and great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had sent Cal a radio I received that was supposedly in proper working order. It wasn't. It had fried components that the sender either did or did not know about (even though it has been partially repaired prior to my receiving it). Cal repaired it and sent it to me. I found the attenuator function didn't work and contacted Cal and like me, he hadn't checked that function, nor did I, covered the repair, covered the repair shipping cost back to me. I really appreciated it!

This radio was far from perfect when I received it and neither Cal or I know its history, but it is perking fine now!

Cal stepped up and took care of something he may have missed, that I certainly did miss. How many shops do that!???

Thanks Cal, you have my continued patronage and appreciation!

KQ6PJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 21:50 Send this review to a friend
What A Guy  Time owned: more than 12 months
No output from my FT-920 so I emailed Cal. After a few exchanges, problem solved. Was a little surprised but very pleased that he was willing to take the time to try and diagnose via email rather than tell me to send the radio in as Burghardt had done. If I ever have any problems that require shop time, HamRepair will be doing the work.
He knows radio. Highly recommended.

N7RST Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2014 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Right On Every Time!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my recent PRO2 in for a repair, previous owner had fried a resistor and caps on the Control Unit. Cal got it early in the week and I received it back, repaired, aligned and good to go within the same week. Wow. Glad it is up to par now. A bit PO'd the previous owner wasn't full up honest but it is working properly now. Would recommend Cal anytime to anyone.

N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Cal knows radios  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a Kenwood TS930 off E-bay and it was in pretty good condition. It did have one issue and that was low transmit output. Sent it off to HamRepair.com and Cal looked it over.

As it turned out, it just needed to be aligned and adjusted.

After two weeks, it came back as good as new. Works excellent and very happy. Price was right too. Cal is great to deal with. He works on almost all brands of radios and amplifiers. He really knows his stuff.

I recently had some problem with my Dentron Clipperton L. Gave Cal a call and he diagnosed it over the phone. I did the repair and it works perfectly.

I highly recommend Cal and HamRepair.com.

N1CC Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-990  Time owned: more than 12 months
Cal at HamRepair.com has worked on this 25-year old FT-990 twice. 3 years ago replacing the memory battery and alignment. Recently the radio developed a failure mode and was sent to HamRepair. He promptly found a cold solder joint in the front panel LED system, and did a full calibration and "Master Reference". Total cost was $90 plus shipping. Radio works much better than it has for years! Worked WPX CW with no problems...then found that SSB had some issues. A quick phone call to Cal got instructions to do a "Master Reset" ... due to possible shipping damage ... radio came back up immediately will all modes and operation 100%. Given the age of the rig, Cal does the very best to keep your "vintage" equipment going. A #1 guy!