Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | HamRepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for HamRepair.com
HamRepair.com Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Repair of Amateur Radio Equipment. HF Transceivers, VHF Transcivers. Yaesu specialist.
More info: http://www.hamrepair.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the HamRepair.com.

NC4A Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Cal recently fixed two of my older radios. ( TS 850 & IC 735 )
Both came back quickly and fully functional with detail of all services and parts.
Email communication was excellent and prices reasonable.
I will absolutely use Cal for future repairs

NG1I Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2017 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will send other jobs to Ham Radio Repair....fast turn around, great communications, and very very reasonable cost.

A 85 YOA club member (Raytheon EE) had given me his SB-101 and speaker/PS that he built himself in the 60's,kept it and offered it to me for no cost as he was cleaning out his basement. He stated it may need a bit of work...and it did. I did the best I could with it but just couldn't get it to TX. Sent it to CAL and within a week he had called me and said it is ready ship back. When I received it, I was getting about 90+ watts on it for 20-40-80M. Also I planned on doing a thorough cleaning of the left side PC board as I did the LH side. It was covered with such grime and muck but as I did the other side. I just couldn't remove it. Cal also cleaned that too on his own & did a great job!
Tnx Cal!!!!!!

AK5Y Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2017 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my Ft-1000MP to Cal for repair and it was fixed within 2 weeks as promised on his website. This is the same rig that Lee from Tampa could not fix. Cal brought it back to life within a few days, sent me an invoice and that was it. Quick and painless!

He kept me informed every step of the way, answered all my question to the point and even called me several times………..What a great guy..
Asked him if he could do an alignment and he told me that it didn’t need one because he had already done it………. What an Honest person!.
Invoice was prepared and laid out with self explanatory services and repairs done…………..What a professional..
His charges were kept to a minimum and didn’t charge for parts/services not needed………………Extra Reasonable….
Turnaround…………Within two weeks as promised….

Cal is a person I can truly trust with my Radios and I highly recommend him for any Radio repairs..

Thanks Cal and God Bless..

N0FG Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2016 23:01 Send this review to a friend
A1 fast professional repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lightning fast excellent communication.
This is the real deal a professional repair shop that will talk to you on the phone when called . Not like other repair
Places that seem like they are doing this as a hobby. Highly recommend.

WA5LXS Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2016 13:01 Send this review to a friend
TS-440SAT Rx issue repaired  Time owned: more than 12 months
My trusty old Kenwood TS-440SAT spends a lot of time on the shelf, but I recently decided to fire it up. The radio worked but the receive performance on the upper bands, 20 and up, was very poor. I also noticed the meter panel light had failed.

Shipped it to Cal at HamRepair.com and within about a week he had found a bad connection with the IF board and replaced the old panel bulb with a nice LED. I did have another problem when the radio was returned with the speaker jack and Cal fixed it promptly for no charge.

This is the second or third time Cal has fixed my old TS-440 over many years and I am very pleased with his service. Price is very fair.

KA4KKS Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2016 10:43 Send this review to a friend
A-1 Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Cal an IC-746 for LCD backlight fix. He cured the problem, and found (and fixed) another problem I wasn't aware of. Very fair prices, and excellent turnaround time. I'll definitely use them again for any future needs.

WG5N Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently sent a rig to Cal for repairs. It was quickly diagnosed, repaired to my satisfaction and expectations then promptly returned. I highly recommend HamRepair.com for your repair needs.

W4OXB Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2016 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Top notch service!  Time owned: months
In brief, Cal has done work on two receivers for me: HQ-180a, Knight Kit R-100a.

Very happy with both. Mainly did realignments on each. They work better than ever before.

I will use Cal in the future.

W8AQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2016 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my FT-897 in. Cal checked it out, did what I requested in short order and shipped it back. Very reasonable and fantastic ham to deal with! Thanks Cal!!!

WA7HJV Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Service - Recommend Highly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have sent several rigs to Hamrepair.com for service and will never use anyone else as long as Cal is in business. When I opened the last transceiver that he had shipped back I was pleasantly surprised to find that he had performed a little additional work on the unit and had not even charged me for it... The best of the best!