Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | HamRepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for HamRepair.com
HamRepair.com Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Repair of Amateur Radio Equipment. HF Transceivers, VHF Transcivers. Yaesu specialist.
More info: http://www.hamrepair.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the HamRepair.com.

WG5N Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently sent a rig to Cal for repairs. It was quickly diagnosed, repaired to my satisfaction and expectations then promptly returned. I highly recommend HamRepair.com for your repair needs.

W4OXB Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2016 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Top notch service!  Time owned: months
In brief, Cal has done work on two receivers for me: HQ-180a, Knight Kit R-100a.

Very happy with both. Mainly did realignments on each. They work better than ever before.

I will use Cal in the future.

W8AQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2016 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my FT-897 in. Cal checked it out, did what I requested in short order and shipped it back. Very reasonable and fantastic ham to deal with! Thanks Cal!!!

WA7HJV Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Service - Recommend Highly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have sent several rigs to Hamrepair.com for service and will never use anyone else as long as Cal is in business. When I opened the last transceiver that he had shipped back I was pleasantly surprised to find that he had performed a little additional work on the unit and had not even charged me for it... The best of the best!

W5INC Rating: 0/5 Jan 11, 2016 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Shoddy work, plenty of excuses  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in a 1000D because of no RF output. No correspondence at all from HamRepair and I received an invoice 3 weeks later for $433.80. Final PA transistor was supposedly replaced along with some Germanium diodes in the RF section.

Once I pulled the rig from the box and fired it up I noticed right away the ALC circuit wasn't functioning properly at all. The needle was actually moving in the opposite direction, deflecting to the left side of the meter when talking into the mic. Needle sat @ 0 and was deflecting the needle against the left side peg of the meter, when talking into the mic.

I called up HamRepair in less then 10 minutes of getting the rig out of the box, with less than 2 minutes run time on the rig and told them of this ALC problem. HamRepair wanted me to open up the box and start preforming my own repairs to the radio via their instructions over the phone. I told them no way is that going to happen as the rig just cost me over 400.00 at their shop to be repaired. I was then told by HamRepair, that real Amateur Radio OPs should be able to do this. Really??????????????

I didn't pay over $400.00 to get instructions over the phone on how to repair (fix their shoddy work?) the radio. Why would anyone even suggest this course of action to begin with? Why should anyone have to open up their radio and "repair" their rig with less than 2 minutes of airtime use from the repair shop, along with spending over $400.00 on a repair bill anyways? HamRepair threw it out there, but that idea sure didn't float with me. HamRepair is all hat and no cattle to be sure.

The rig didn't even survive on the air for 30 minutes of use, before the original problem came back once again. No RF out.

Talking to HamRepair after the rig died I got the old double talk from them about no warranty on their work and ship it back in to see what the problem is. I will not spend another 120.00 in shipping costs to get gouged 1 more time in shipping/repair costs for work that should have been preformed correctly the 1st time around. I will be going the legal route to get my money back if that's possible, as I am in contact with the DA's office in Denton County, to see what can be done to rectify this horrible experience, with this shoddy repair shop.

K2DXN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2015 09:22 Send this review to a friend
TS-2000  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent my TS-2000 for UHF repair. They went through the whole radio took care of any issues and even cleaned and aligned.Received it back in less than 2 weeks.Has been working great for several months now.

N5YM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC-746 stated behaving erratically and eventually the output power dropped to about 4 watts. I called Cal, explained my problem, and sent it off to him in the manner he requested. In about a week he sent me an invoice, and in less than 2 weeks I had my rig back, working as good a new. Cal really made this a painless transaction with professional and courteous service.

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked up another inop radio thinking I could find the magic loose connection. No such luck. Sent it off to Cal and in no time he had tracked down the problems, repaired and aligned it and had it back in my hands. He is always quick and extremely fair on his prices. Thanks again Cal.

NY3R Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2015 19:27 Send this review to a friend
ts-950  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I want to thank Cal on the great job he did on the broken Ts-950 that I bought on Ebay. It works great and for the fast turn around time A+A+A+

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2015 15:55 Send this review to a friend
First Class Every Time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have sent Cal at least 7 radios over the last 6 years to check and repair. He is quick and very thorough. Several he said were not worth fixing and he was more than fair on the checkout charges. I few times I tried to get him to take more money for what he did and he refused saying it is his way to contribute to the hobby. I really appreciated that. He has responded to email inquires many times on problems giving suggestions on what to check to see if I could fix it myself saving the cost and time to send it in. I have used three other well known ham gear repair businesses and Cal is right at the top and probably the best of the lot. He has my vote on a first class repair business.