Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | HamRepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for HamRepair.com
HamRepair.com Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Repair of Amateur Radio Equipment. HF Transceivers, VHF Transcivers. Yaesu specialist.
More info: http://www.hamrepair.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the HamRepair.com.

W5INC Rating: 0/5 Jan 11, 2016 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Shoddy work, plenty of excuses  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in a 1000D because of no RF output. No correspondence at all from HamRepair and I received an invoice 3 weeks later for $433.80. Final PA transistor was supposedly replaced along with some Germanium diodes in the RF section.

Once I pulled the rig from the box and fired it up I noticed right away the ALC circuit wasn't functioning properly at all. The needle was actually moving in the opposite direction, deflecting to the left side of the meter when talking into the mic. Needle sat @ 0 and was deflecting the needle against the left side peg of the meter, when talking into the mic.

I called up HamRepair in less then 10 minutes of getting the rig out of the box, with less than 2 minutes run time on the rig and told them of this ALC problem. HamRepair wanted me to open up the box and start preforming my own repairs to the radio via their instructions over the phone. I told them no way is that going to happen as the rig just cost me over 400.00 at their shop to be repaired. I was then told by HamRepair, that real Amateur Radio OPs should be able to do this. Really??????????????

I didn't pay over $400.00 to get instructions over the phone on how to repair (fix their shoddy work?) the radio. Why would anyone even suggest this course of action to begin with? Why should anyone have to open up their radio and "repair" their rig with less than 2 minutes of airtime use from the repair shop, along with spending over $400.00 on a repair bill anyways? HamRepair threw it out there, but that idea sure didn't float with me. HamRepair is all hat and no cattle to be sure.

The rig didn't even survive on the air for 30 minutes of use, before the original problem came back once again. No RF out.

Talking to HamRepair after the rig died I got the old double talk from them about no warranty on their work and ship it back in to see what the problem is. I will not spend another 120.00 in shipping costs to get gouged 1 more time in shipping/repair costs for work that should have been preformed correctly the 1st time around. I will be going the legal route to get my money back if that's possible, as I am in contact with the DA's office in Denton County, to see what can be done to rectify this horrible experience, with this shoddy repair shop.

K2DXN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2015 09:22 Send this review to a friend
TS-2000  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent my TS-2000 for UHF repair. They went through the whole radio took care of any issues and even cleaned and aligned.Received it back in less than 2 weeks.Has been working great for several months now.

N5YM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC-746 stated behaving erratically and eventually the output power dropped to about 4 watts. I called Cal, explained my problem, and sent it off to him in the manner he requested. In about a week he sent me an invoice, and in less than 2 weeks I had my rig back, working as good a new. Cal really made this a painless transaction with professional and courteous service.

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked up another inop radio thinking I could find the magic loose connection. No such luck. Sent it off to Cal and in no time he had tracked down the problems, repaired and aligned it and had it back in my hands. He is always quick and extremely fair on his prices. Thanks again Cal.

NY3R Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2015 19:27 Send this review to a friend
ts-950  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I want to thank Cal on the great job he did on the broken Ts-950 that I bought on Ebay. It works great and for the fast turn around time A+A+A+

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2015 15:55 Send this review to a friend
First Class Every Time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have sent Cal at least 7 radios over the last 6 years to check and repair. He is quick and very thorough. Several he said were not worth fixing and he was more than fair on the checkout charges. I few times I tried to get him to take more money for what he did and he refused saying it is his way to contribute to the hobby. I really appreciated that. He has responded to email inquires many times on problems giving suggestions on what to check to see if I could fix it myself saving the cost and time to send it in. I have used three other well known ham gear repair businesses and Cal is right at the top and probably the best of the lot. He has my vote on a first class repair business.

WD8NPL Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2015 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisified  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent Cal an FT-1000D I had purchased that had an issue with audio on sub receiver and a noisy fan. He did an excellent job on repairs very reasonably with good communication. Would highly recommend him!

N0XM Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2015 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Very, Very Satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the early 1960's, my parents gifted me a novice station from the National Radio Institute. The station units were referred to as "Conar Twins." I hadn't used the rigs in close to 50 years. They both had some issues from age and my kit assembling techniques as a kid. Anyway, Cal embraced repairing these two rigs that have great sentimental value to me. Cal exceeded my expectations with his caring, willingness to help me,his focus, pricing, turn time for the repairs, and his technical acumen etc., etc.

W9BB Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Great service, yet again!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Gave up on my TS-820, that the previous owner had really screwed up. Cal got it up and running 100%. Perking great now! Only down side is Fed Ex dented the edge of the top cover. Will have to replace that but no fault of Cal's. Thanks again Cal for coming thru for me. Cheers.

KK4CNF Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2015 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Frequency Drift  Time owned: more than 12 months
My FT890 started to develope a frequency drift problem. Sent Cal an email describing the problem, he replied quickly and agreed to work on it. Took about a 16 days until I had it back in the shack. Cannot ask for better service.